Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. Sorry I am so late on that one. I had a great Mother's Day. I got to sleep in...8:15!!!! Chris made me a coat rack for the back hall. It has Madi's hand prints on it and it is really nice. We then went out to the lake and spent the rest of the day with my parents. It was very nice and Madi was able to run and have fun. She even got to play in the water with sticks. She loved it.
Chris had a brain fart weekend. Friday he got his new mower delivered and he thought it would be fun to go ride it through the field. He didn't get very far. He drove the front into the terrace and stuck it in the mud. It rained pretty good here on Thursday and was still very soupy. Not the brightest idea ever. So then he had to pull it out with the tractor. It was pretty fun to watch though!! I love him, but he sure doesn't think things through all the time.

We also had some bad news on Sunday. A lot of you know Billy, Chris' best friend forever and he was also in our wedding. His dad passed away Saturday night. He hadn't been in the best of health for the last several years, but still a shocker. He would have been 57 in August. The service will be Friday afternoon. We went and visited Billy and his mom last night. They are doing pretty good.

Madi is finally letting us do girly things with her. She got her fingernails and toenails painted bright pink. Very pretty!

Happy Birthday to Chantelle!!! And congrats to all the graduates this weekend.

Love, Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bwahahahah!!! don't you just LOVE men's bright ideas?? I mean seriously...us women NEVER would do anything like that! :)

The Helm Family said...

Chris' mom and I just watched and laughed our heads off at the two of them pulling that mower out. Hillarious!!! We called them dumb and dumber.