Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Building

I have a theme going this last week...building. So, I'll share with you our latest project. I know, I said that we were done building. But technically, WE are done building. We don't have to work on this project (sooo excited about that!!)

Monday night the crew and materials arrived to build our new shop out at the house!!! A company out of Stillwell, OK is building a 40x64 building and they are fast. They started yesterday morning at 7 and finished at 5:30 and had the entire frame and trusses hung. And there is only three guys working! I just went out to take quick pics while they left for lunch and was surprised to see the two long sides have metal already hung. They told us they would be done today, so we'll see. Yesterday was awfully cold and windy here, I don't know if that slowed them down any or not.

It will have a dirt floor for now. We just really needed something before winter. Our garage is full with the "toys" and mower (making it awfully stinky in there). So it will be great to get all that moved out, get the garage cleaned out (again) and be able to park inside. Chris has been having to wait for his windshield to thaw out the past two weeks, so I know he is looking forward to it. Plus there will be plenty of room to park both tractors inside and a nice wind block if he needs to work on them again. I'm really pulling to have a construction buddy of Chris' come out and do the concrete work. That is going to be a much bigger job than we have ever done plus it will save his back. I was glad to hear that he did talk to the guy yesterday about doing it.



------------------------------------------------------
Other news...I won something!! I've never won anything before and this is so exciting! I wrote last week about Tip Junkie doing her 12 Days of Junkie giveaway. And I won a toddler fleece hat, gloves, and blanket set. Just what I needed. We stopped in Abilene on Sunday on the way to Chapman to get a hat for Madi. Good thing I didn't end up buying one! Don't forget to go check out the Shop-a-thon.

Have a great rest of the week. I have to get busy on my Christmas gifts!!

Love, Amy

1 comment:

The Gengler's said...

Jason is going to be super jealous once he sees your big shed!!!!! It looks wonderful and will be nice to get all the big stuff out of your garage! I'm pretty sure we will be parking in the driveway for most of the winter, there will be a lot of baby and office furniture being built. It will be worth it though and now I have remote start so that will make it easier.