Sunday, October 11, 2009

One Month Old

Evan turned one month old today. I can't believe it's already been a month, it goes too fast. Not a lot of changes this past month. He still has quite a sporadic sleeping and eating schedule. He is going to become a little chubby monkey if he keeps eating like he is. At times he wants 5 ounces of milk and other times he will only eat 1-2. Makes it hard to get him on any kind of routine. This last week he has been congested and he just struggles to breath when I lay him down. So for several nights he slept on his boppy. Made me so nervous to leave him by himself. I was afraid he was going to wiggle down into it and get his face covered. He never did and he now thinks he can only sleep while I am holding him. We have another crazy sleeper on our hands!! We are still having trouble at times getting Madi to settle in at night. She has been having troubles the last two weeks also. We have had quite a few wet beds recently. Makes for one tired Mama around here.

Madi is still totally in love with "her" baby brother (as she calls him). She still gives lots of kisses and hugs and I have to tell her often to get out of his face. She just sits over him. I wonder where he got his cold from!? She also likes to hold him and feed him. I was getting dressed the other morning and came out of the bathroom to this:



She is such a big sister. He looks like he is fussing, but he wasn't. He was just laying there listening and watching her. Very cute. I remember a picture of me and Jason laying together on Mom and Dad's bed very similar to this one!

Last weekend we went to Abilene to their tractor show. What a beautiful day we had. A little chilly in the morning but the sun was out and they put on a great show. They have an old wooden carousel powered by a steam engine, very cool! Madi and Daddy, Dan and Jane all rode it a couple of times. They also have a steam engine train that we all rode on. It was about a 45 minute trip. Our first time on a train. It wasn't a smooth ride by any means, but I could of probably gone to sleep on it! Madi did the pedal pull again. She got third place!! She loves doing it and she got a prize this time, a tractor, of course she loves it too!!


Pedal pull


On the train


Evan doing his usually thing when we are out and about...sleeping!

Thursday, Madi had her first field trip at school. We went to the Vo-Tech school to the dental program. They learned all about keeping their teeth clean. And the fun part was getting to ride in the dentist's chair and seeing all the instruments and how they work.


Counting teeth. 10 on top, 10 on bottom.

And finally this weekend was the Flywheels Harvest Festival. Of course mother nature really screwed up everything. It was so stinking cold this weekend. It pretty much turned out to be a wash. We had a fairly busy Saturday morning but by noon, there was no one to be found. Luckily we were moved inside out of the wind, but still in an unheated building, so it was still cold. Madi and Evan were there for a couple hours. Long enough to play with some kids and have some fun. Then they went home with Nana for lunch and naps. We were supposed to be setup for Sunday also, but no one came out Sunday. We ended up packing up and headed home by 2:00. All the outside activities were canceled, along with the kids pedal pull. Very disappointing considering all the time and money we put into it. Not only because of the weather but from the attitudes and the way things were conducted by other members. Needless to say, this will probably be our one and only year that we are in involved in this way. It is sad how there are a couple of bad people among a lot of very nice people that can suck the fun and enjoyment out of things. I really liked getting our part organized and done and would love to do it again, if some things were changed on the board members end. But enough of that!!


Madi shelling corn the old fashioned way, by hand cranking.


Evan in his tractor shirt. Not a very good picture, but I didn't want to get him all unbundled. He was so toasty warm.


Madi doing the cake walk. We ended up winning quite a few baked goods. One time Madi just ran up after they stopped the music and happened to be standing on the winning square. She won and didn't even have to walk!! She loved it.


My little mommy.

Well, it has taken me three days to write this post. I will try and keep the blog updated as best I can but I am finding it harder and harder to find free time to do anything. Hopefully we will be able to get into a better routine around here soon. Have a great week!!

Love, Amy

1 comment:

The Gengler's said...

I love the picture of Madi reading to Evan, such a great big sister! I think Madi needs a best big sister in the world award! I don't know of many 3 year old "onlys" would be as amazing as she has been with Evan? Pretty awesome! Evan is a cutie, definitely tell he is growing like crazy!