Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween with the kids this year. Madi was a witch. Decked out in purple and black. I didn't do a costume for Evan. He was too little to wear the pumpkin outfit I made for Madi for her first Halloween and knowing he was going to be in his car seat and fast in and outs at friends and family, I didn't want to mess with a bulky outfit so he just wore a festive onesie. He was still a cutie!!


This is the first year we carved pumpkins. I was planning on skipping it even this year but when we got our pumpkins she started talking about making them into jack-o-lanterns. They must have talked about jack-o-lanterns at school because we have never talked about pumpkins like that before. So, since she knew about carving pumpkins, we kind of had to do it. We ended up doing all the work anyways. She doesn't like to touch things that she isn't sure about. And she wasn't having anything to do with that yucky slimy stuff in the pumpkin. She would touch the seeds but she would not touch the inside of that pumpkin or the stuff pulled out of it. But she had fun drawing faces on the pumpkins and then we cut them out. They turned out cute and fun and she loved lighting them and looking at them glow.




Madi's pumpkin




Love the smiles!!




Mr. Serious. He was working on a good poop at the time!!



My pretty witch!


We trick or treated mostly at our families homes. We hit about 6 different places and then we usually end our evening at my parents where Madi loves to help hand out candy. In past years they didn't have too many kids once we got there, but this year, they were busy. Madi had a blast and the door bell was non stop. She was trying to play with Nana but they didn't get much playing done, she spent most of the time running back and forth to the door. At least it wore her out some! We were going to go door to door on their block (we haven't done that yet) but she was content enough to just hand out. Maybe next year.

Thursday, she got to wear her costume to school. They did a parade and then put on a little program. It was so cute. They sang songs with actions and it was so much fun watching a bunch of 3 year olds all trying to keep up. But everyone was on their own part of the song, very cute!! After their program, all the parents and grandparents left and the kids had their party.


Evan is 7 weeks old. He is doing well. He is very fussy right now. I guess some babies go through this between 6 and 12 weeks. I didn't experience this with Madi (at least I don't remember her going through this). So it feels like I am learning everything again. At times I feel like I have no clue what I am doing (again). And I am so afraid that I am doing everything wrong that I know Chris thinks I am a total nut case right now. I probably am, but I am blaming it on sleep deprivation. He is sleeping better at night. He drinks his bottle and goes right back to sleep. But the little stinker won't sleep on his back, only his tummy. Which these days is an absolute no no. All babies should be on their back, no matter what. Sleeping on their tummies increases the risk of SIDS, etc, etc. So, I am breaking all the rules and letting him sleep on his tummy. Makes me very nervous to leave him like this. I am constantly in checking to make sure he is still breathing. I have even tried going in a half hour later and rolling him to his back. But as soon as he is on his back, even after being asleep for awhile, his little arms get to waving and he wakes himself up. I'm doing the best I can right now. And for both of our sakes and for Madi, at least I am getting some good rest at night. It is only two to three hours at a time but I haven't been as exhausted as I was before when I was sleeping in the chair holding him all night.

Another 4 day blog post!! Will be back tomorrow with updates from Evan's doctor appointment.
Love, Amy

No comments: