Evan is eating great. Sometimes I think he is eating too much, it seems like I am always sitting down and feeding him. I have been trying to get him into a better routine of nap, eating and bed time. But it is so hard. With Madi, it was just us and I could do whatever I wanted or needed to without interruption. But poor Evan, it never fails, I sit down to feed him or get him settled in for a nap and Madi wants something or is out of bed when she is supposed to be sleeping. And then with school on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, it throws off his morning nap because I have to get him up and loaded into the car to get her picked up. He is adapting well and it doesn't seem to bother him. I just need to take his approach and go with the flow :)
He is Mr. Smiles right now. It is so cute how his face just lights up. Especially after nap time, he is all grins. He is also very ticklish and lets out the cutest little chuckle when you hit just the right spot! Evan also loves it when Madi sings or dances for him.
Just this last weekend he has really started trying to grab things. He loves playing in his exersaucer and is finally getting some controlled arm movement to play with the toys on it. I was in the kitchen the other day and heard the wheels turning on the exersaucer and thought Madi was doing it when I realized she was in her room playing. He was really working at it!
Playing on his tummy is still not his favorite thing to do, but we do little short spells of it everyday. He does very well with pushing up and looking around. He hasn't done a lot of rolling over in the last couple weeks, but he will get there.
Evan started sleeping all night on December 18 and did well for about 2 weeks. But the last week or so, he has been getting up again. Sometimes it's 3:00 am sometimes he will sleep until 5:30, really depends on what time he goes to bed. I am hoping it is just because he has a cold and isn't sleeping as soundly. His little nose is just full of snot and we have to suck it out or otherwise he just has a terrible time breathing. So hopefully after that clears up, he can get back to sleeping all night.
We started using the Bumbo seat after Christmas. He sits in it pretty good. It is nice that we can put him up on the counter and he can sit with us while we eat supper. But it doesn't take long and he wiggles one leg in and he slumps over and chews on the side.
I keep looking for teeth to be showing up anytime now. He is a drooling machine. And he loves to chew and suck on his hand. He gets so many fingers and fist in his mouth he ends up choking himself. But, no sign of the teeth yet.
And unlike his big sister, he is still NOT loving bath time. He doesn't scream and fuss but when I get him out of the tub, his little hands are blue from clinching them so tight. I don't think he feels very comfortable or stable in the tub, so I am hoping that once he can sit on his own, he will like it better. For some reason I am just not loving our little baby tub either. I don't know what it is, but it seems so awkward and unnatural even for me. I've tried several different positions and places and something just isn't right. We'll get there!
Here are some pictures from this month so far.
January 1, Christmas at Nana and Papa's house. (I have more pics and another post I want to do from that weekend, but my pics won't upload, stay tuned!)
January 8. My little cowboy playing at home!
January 11. Sitting in the Bumbo!
I just couldn't be happier with our little family. I'm looking forward to this year and all of the changes for both kids.
Love,
Amy
1 comment:
He is just so adorable. I hate we are so far away from you guys. Give Madi and Evan a hug from Aunt Beth. Love and miss you guys.
Post a Comment