On Saturday, June 25, we went out to the Flywheels to watch the cutting and binding of the wheat. Chris and Dan helped load bundles on to the hay racks and Evan and I watched. Madi was at a friends house spending the day. She lost out on all the fun. Evan was so cute because he wanted out there to help. Him and I caught a ride on the hay rack for awhile while the guys were throwing bundles on. But he got to help Daddy with the last bundle!! Unfortunately, it won't be too long and he will be out there working too. I can't think about that though, makes me sad thinking about how fast these two are growing up. :(
The rest of June was spent getting everything ready for the big 4th of July Party! The Sunday before the party Chris and I took a trip down to Pittsburg, KS to pick up all the fireworks. Of course Chris went overboard again this year. But he did find a really good deal on fireworks. I just can't divulge (here) what we did with all the extras without getting into trouble!!
Sunday, July 3rd was the big day!! I did make it a bit easier on myself this year going with the potluck instead of making all the food myself. Good thing we went with the potluck though, we had 135 adults and kids come out!! It was a grand time, but very tiring. And unfortunately I was so busy running around for everyone else and keeping track of my two, I don't have any pictures of the festivities. And I also forgot to take pics of the decorations and all the food and everything else. I hate that I don't have any. One of these days. Maybe I should hire a photographer to come out and do pictures for me :)
We had lots of food, really good food! Everyone sat around and ate and visited. The kids ran around and played. Dan drove the tractor and gave rides. I think he did 6 trips with full loads each time. The kids had a ball! We also had ladder ball and horseshoes along with all the other toys. I even saw a game of basketball going at one point.
We started fireworks at 9:30 and ended at 11:00. And Chris still has fireworks in the trailer that they didn't get too. They were getting tired and half deaf, so they called it before getting them all done. Crazy! We had one mishap this year. One of the multiple shots fell over and shot into the crowd. Thankfully no one was hurt. And to my surprise, no one left. So scary to see and I was ready to be done. I just knew that everyone was going to leave after that. But we have some ideas on how to improve it for next year already!! We hope everyone enjoyed themselves and will come back out next year!
I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! Thank you to all the soldiers past and present who have fought for our country and for our freedom. GOD BLESS THE USA!
Love, Amy
1 comment:
I am already planning to be in Kansas for the fourth of July next year! It sounds like so much fun. I am not a great picture taker, but I will volunteer to get pictures for you next year! Thank you for your blog! I love reading it.
Post a Comment