Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1st Day of Kindergarten

Madi started Kindergarten!! Doesn't seem possible that she is old enough to be in kindergarten this year! But she is. She was so super excited for school to start. 5 weeks before she started her own countdown. "How many more days until school starts?!" And then when we enrolled, she got an advent calendar that counted down the last 14 days and had getting ready for school activities each day. So that made her even more excited.

Everybody told me to be prepared, it's going to be hard leaving her. I got a little choked up on the way there, thinking about her being gone all morning. But I held it together so she wouldn't get upset. Luckily I had Evan to take my mind off of it. He did enough crying for both of us. He was pretty upset about leaving Madi behind.

But she did great! Went right into her classroom and was all smiles when I picked her up. She had a wonderful first day! I am so proud of her and the big girl that she is growing up to be!

I love you Madi!
Mommy
1st Day of School Picture at Home

Out in front of the school

Finding her name tag
Posted by Picasa

No comments: