Friday we went to the Georgia Aquarium. What an amazing place! But the crowds! It was insane with all the people every where. Chris' Uncle Tom and Aunt Kathy and their kids were only 10 minutes behind us getting in line to get in, and they ended up having to wait over an hour outside because they stopped letting people in the building, it was so full. At times it was hard to see the tanks and animals, you just couldn't get close enough. But we lucked out after eating lunch. We ate in an overflow/conference room area and the room had two large windows to the Beluga Whale tank and the Whale Shark tank. It was AWESOME! The kids could have stayed there all day. They were able to get right up to the tank without a crowd. We stayed well over an hour just at those two tanks. Check out the video of the kids with the belugas! They found a new favorite animal that day. Love making memories!
Friday night we ordered in pizza at the hotel and then the kids broke into groups, 4 girls and 3 boys, and we had a treasure hunt. I hope the kids had as much fun with it as I did! They had a picture treasure hunt where they had to do certain things and take a picture of it. And the second part was collecting items. I included the pics they took!
Chris did it again, he pulled one over on me and I had no idea! Everyone else did, but I had no clue! He has been incredibly busy this summer and had a job getting close to finishing up and inspections the week we left. He said there was no way he was able to leave and go with us. But I should have known. About 10:30 Friday night, he comes walking in to the hotel!! He made his first airplane ride to come down to Atlanta for the weekend to be at his cousin Tommy's wedding. Wonderful surprise! He was supposed to be on a flight back to Wichita Sunday afternoon, but once he was there, he just couldn't leave us. He worked it out with his guys and finished our vacation with us!
Saturday was the wedding. Fun wedding, with a gorgeous bride and handsome groom. I am so glad we got to share their special day. Welcome to the family Katie! Looking forward to seeing all of you again soon.
Sunday we left Atlanta and headed to South Carolina to spend a couple days at Aunt Beth and Uncle Walt's house...
No comments:
Post a Comment