Thursday, September 27, 2012

Where to Begin?!

I have been dreading updating my blog.  So...I just didn't update it.  How sad.  There has been so much going on this summer and I really want to get it written down before I forget.  Some advice I had gotten when starting scrap booking.  "Don't go back and try and catch up.  You will never catch up.  Start from now and work forward and slowly work on the old stuff."  So that's what I am going to do.  Start over now and I will eventually at least get the big stuff written down for my records.

BIG STUFF going right now.  Of course we are right in the thick of beginning of school, tractor shows, weather changes, and looking forward to the holidays.  Oh, erase the last one, I don't even want to think about those yet.  Then all the crazy everyday things, sickness, work, and life!

Most of you know, but we started a club.  Every time I say that word it flashes back to when I was a kid "Do you wanta join my club?!" (annoying, bratty, sing-song voice)  Well, we will let anyone and everyone in our club, the Kansas Tractor Club that is!!  It's been fun but a lot of work getting something started like this.  Maybe I will make a post all about THE CLUB :) some other time.  But check out our web page.  I'm really proud of all we have accomplished so far.

I started teaching Sunday School at our church in August.  That's been keeping me busy.  I'm teaching the preschool/kindergarten group.  We have been averaging 10-12 kids each Sunday.  It's been a challenge.  You have one hour, once a week with a wide range of age in ability/attentiveness and keeping them engaged and wanting to learn versus playing, has been my struggle.  I am almost ready to move or at least hide the toys in the room.  Such a distraction.  I want it to be fun but I want them to learn something too.

More church activities are beginning soon again as well.  My UMW group just met last week again after having the summer off.  I hosted 14 ladies at our house for our back together potluck and meeting.  It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed having everyone over.  Plus, big kick in the pants to get the house cleaned! :)  Mid-Week Manna starts in a couple weeks.  I am looking forward to taking the Alpha class this year.  And getting us back into our Wednesday church routine.  Evan could start children's classes this year.  But not sure if he is ready yet.  We will see.  Chris has his church obligations with Finance and Trustees every month.  And then we signed up to chair our big fundraiser in March for the Spaghetti Feed.  Lots of work but we enjoy our church and church family.

Check back and hopefully I will have some updates on the kids, Chris, our summer, tractors, and whatever else I can remember!!

Love, Amy

No comments: