One word to describe this little boy, TALKER! He is such a talker now. I have to tell him to stop talking so he can focus on what he is supposed to be doing. He is definitely not one to be able to talk and do anything else. He loves to learn. Which is probably why his favorite sayings are "Why," "What is that?," "What does that do?" He wants to know what everything is, how it works, who uses it, and we must explain all of this at least 3 times. That's okay though. I remember when Madi went through this stage and I think they learn and understand and retain this information so well by just talking it out at their pace and when they want to talk about it. Such smart kids.
Big milestone this summer!! Evan decided on his own that it was time to give up the diapers and potty like a big boy! Which turned out to be a wonderful birthday present. July 4th, amid all the craziness of our big party and having family in town, he just decided it was time. I kept the pull ups around at night and knowing we were leaving in a couple weeks for vacation. But he never needed them. I never would have imagined that potty training could be that easy. We did not have an easy time with Madi and potty training so I was really dreading this. But he did awesome. I could probably count on one hand the number of accidents he has had. Way to go my big boy!! Now we just have to watch were he shucks his pants and potties. Yesterday, in the parking lot of Orscheln's with people walking around looking at tractors. He needed to go! I told him you can't do that out in public. A man walking by says matter of factly, "Yes he can, he's alright!" I guess, but we aren't going to make a habit of it.
Since he was now pottying, it was also time to get rid of the baby bed. :( I teased for the longest time that I was just going to keep him in the baby bed until he graduated high school. He loved his bed, never tried to climb out, I lay him down, he would sing himself to sleep and I never heard from him until morning. He is my good sleeper (unlike the other munchkin in the house.) I was so afraid we were going to have the battle of staying in bed. Have you ever watched Super Nanny? She always has a family of kids who don't stay in bed. They have to do the hours upon hours of "training" the children and adults to get the kids to stay in bed. Well, we have one child that went through that phase and again, I was not looking forward to it. But Evan, my easy child, had no problems. Told him good night and he was out for the rest of the night just like when he was in his baby bed. He still asks for his baby bed sometimes. He says he misses it! How can two kids from the same parents, in the same house, be so totally opposite? Love them!!
Evan learned to love swimming this summer. He loved it last year, but I think he had even more fun and freedom this summer. Watching Madi do her swimming lessons gave him more confidence. It was fun watching him at the McPherson Water Park. He was able to swim around without his floaty vest and he loved it. He was talking to Aunt Tabatha and mid sentence he would just go under water and then pop back up to see if she was watching. No fear for that boy!
School has started again but one more year until he starts preschool. As we were talking about Madi going to school over the summer, Evan asked several times if he could go to school. I told him he couldn't go until he was three. Tuesday, September 11th, Evan's 3rd birthday, as I dropped Madi off at school and pulled out of the parking lot he says, "I get to go to school today!" Oh man, he remembered that? "Sorry sweetie, next year, school already started this year." "But I'm 3!" Yikes, have to watch what I say around these two, they remember everything! But I didn't want him to do 3 years of preschool. One more year at home with Mommy!
Both kids love the county fair and this was the first year that Evan was able to ride the rides. They had so much fun! Evan even got to join in on the fun of the Kids Pedal Pull and won his very first trophy! He got 3rd place in 4 and under division. Another fun thing they got to do this summer at the fair was participate in PeeWee Showmanship. They were each able to choose two animals and learn from older 4-H kids how to show them for judging. Evan picked a bucket calf first. They then lead the animal in the ring and had to answer questions from a judge. Evan told the judge that his cow's name was Cheerios and he fed his cow Cheerios! So cute! They then each got a ribbon and their picture taken with the animal. They had so much fun! His second animal was a sheep. Madi picked a goat first. And she named her goat Sparkles. Her second pick was a bucket calf. We will definitely be doing this again next year.
Lets list some likes:
1. Anything that moves. Tractors of course being number one, trains, he loves his play trucks and has now taken up to having to sleep with 1, 2, a dozen, at nap time.
2. Fruit. This boy loves his grapes. I am sure I probably owe Dillons several dollars in eaten grapes before we got to the checkout. He insists on having a new bag of grapes every time we walk into the store. And apples, that's his new favorite in the last couple of weeks. He eats them straight out of the fridge, peel and all.
3. Riding bikes.
4. Tools. Loves working on things. He loved going to Uncle Jason's house not too long ago and helping build. He still talks about that. And he is excited to start working on a new tractor this winter.
5. Anything Madi is doing. He would follow her to the end of the Earth.
6. And he is a lover as well. He loves everybody, everything. Loves giving kisses and hugs to everyone.
7. Monkey. Still attached at the hip to his monkey. At least when he is sleepy. He pretty much just has him at nap and bed times anymore.
So much going on and changing still with this little guy. But he is always happy and always has a smile. I am amazed and blessed with such a wonderful little boy. Still makes my heart smile seeing his smiling face when he wakes up in the morning and at nap time. I have never seen a child wake up from a deep sleep with a smile on his face like he does. Love that boy!!
Pictures soon!
Love, Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment