Sunday, July 16, 2006

Thanks for all the comments. It is a lot of fun reading the comments and reading others blogs. It is a typical lazy Sunday around our house. We nap all morning, wake up and watch Nascar coverage and get through about half the race before we take another nap. And then wake up to see the last of the race. GO JR!!!

We left Madi for the first time all night Friday. I thought I would be a nervous wreck but it turned out not to be so bad. It helped that it wouldn't have been a good idea to take her with us to begin with. That made it easier. Chris and I left town Friday afternoon around 2:30 pm and headed to Springfield, MO. They have a once a year tool sale there at the Grizzly Tool Company. People were standing in line at 2:00 am for the doors to open at 8:00 am. We got there at 7:15 am and the line was already the length of two sides of the building. It was hot and there was no wind and there were a lot of hot stinky bodies. But Chris got the tools he wanted and he can make even prettier furniture now. And it gave us a chance to get away.

I forgot to tell you in my last post but Madi is starting to smile and respond to people talking and their faces. She still isn't consistent and still sometimes lays there and gives you a scowl like you are the weirdest person. It is really cute though! She is also lifting her head more and really pushing back when she is up on your shoulder and trying to look around. She's still a little wobbly but she is really working on it.

I have to get back to my race. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Love, Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you taking requests for furniture...I have a um, *few* items I think I could handle!! lol!!

And congrats on leaving Ms. M!! It is hard but I am suuuuure she was dotted on and loved lots while you were gone!!