Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Burr!!!! It went from being nice and having the windows open to being cold and needing the heater. What happened to the nice low 70s fall weather?

Well, I guess my projects right now fit the weather. I have 3 sewing projects going. I am still working on a baby announcement cross-stitch wall hanging for Madi's room. I have been working on this since I was put on bed rest before she came. Slow going. I am also working on quilts. I am making Chris a jean quilt to take with him to deer camp and if I get it done soon, he can take it pheasant hunting also. I thought I was done with the top and I had him make sure it was long enough. Of course, he wants it longer so I need to add a couple more rows. But it isn't hard and I am having fun working on it. My mom came over this weekend and we worked on it together. Sewing is something we both enjoy doing and it is so fun to work on projects together. I am also working on baby rag quilts. I have one that needs to be done very soon and then I have 2 more cousins that are pregnant and will need to start on those. I also still haven't made Madi one and want to get that done before it gets too terribly cold. I have moved my sewing machine upstairs onto the dining table so I can work on them more while Madi is playing.

Two weekends ago Jason and Tabatha were in town. We all went out to eat Sunday and then wanted to go to the Bison Company and pick pumpkins. Of course, the guys didn't want to go, so the four girls went. Madi made her first trip to the pumpkin patch!!! But she will never know, because she slept the whole time. I was so surprised. We had her in a wagon in her carseat and pulled her through the pumpkin patch and she didn't even budge! (Insert pic but blogger won't, ugh!! Check out October pics in my pictures) It really didn't feel like pumpkin pickin' time that day because it was 97 degrees. Hot, sweaty, but fun!! We should go again now that it is cooler.

Last weekend Chris was at his parents house all weekend helping to reroof two sides of their house. Madi and I went over for a little bit on Saturday to watch. She enjoyed sitting outside and watching the trees blowing in the wind. It was cute!! We went home and meet my mom to start sewing while Dad went to Beloit.

I am off to cut more jeans up. If anyone has any jeans laying around they want to get rid of. Let me know, I would be glad to take them off your hands. I am hoping to make several more. Everyone take care and enjoy the weather!!

Love, Amy

2 comments:

Laura said...

Amy I love your new profile pic and I really enjoy reading your blog! I hope you keep posting more stories.

Anonymous said...

way to sew!! you are so much better than me in the fact that i start and NEVER finish them!! lol!! i will have to pack up my old jeans and bring them to you!! maybe i can bring ella down and we can go to the pumpkin patch together!!