Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sunday was tear out day. We removed all of the bushes around our house and all of the plastic lawn edging. It looks 100x better already. It took about 15 minutes to cut down the big evergreen bushes and tree in the front and about 2 hours to get it all cleaned up and moved to the driveway. Chris, my dad and I worked outside and my mom kept Madi content inside. Thank you, Thank you for your help.
We had a friend of Chris' who owns a tree service come over yesterday and shred the limbs, so now we don't have a huge pile in front of the house. And just in time, today the rain is washing whatever was left of the mess away.

Last night Jason and Tabatha were in town. Everybody came over and we had supper and cake for Jason's 25th Birthday on Friday. Happy Birthday!!!! It was a very nice evening.

Madi is still cruising around. We practice standing on her own but she is still afraid to let go. No new teeth yet but still drooling like crazy. Last week she started to point at things. Now she points all the time. Sees something she wants and points. It's cute. And she is getting into everything. I have been letting her play in the kitchen when I am in there working and she would play with her letters on the fridge or she had her own drawer with stuff she could play with. But now she is wanting to get into everything. So, next trip to Wal-Mart I am purchasing a gate and she will be locked out of the kitchen. I don't think she is going to like it very much, but it is for her own safety. She'll get used to it.

Take care and have a great week. Bring on the rain!!!

Love, Amy


Before
After
Chris' truck is parked on the other side of the pile, you just can't see it!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda J. said...

Wow, your house looks so good. All those bushes made it look like your house was being smothered. I had the same thing on the front of my house - big overgrown bushes. Once I got rid of them, it made my house looks so much bigger. People asked if I had my house painted a different color! Your house looks great - you are going to have fun planting all those new things. Love, Aunt Linda