I have been watching the coverage of the shootings that took place on Monday at VT. What a very sad time for all of those involved. Does it make anyone else nervous that someone can enter into a public place and start shooting people for no reason? Of course part of the coverage is also on gun control. A professor in Missouri said that if this had happend anywhere else in the country, not on a college campus, that this man would not have been able to kill as many people as he did. His reason, because with concealed carry laws, there would be people pulling there own guns and defending themselves. Okay, now that makes me even more nervous. I could be shopping at the local Wal-Mart, some mad man could walk in and start shooting everyone and then somebody else starts shooting (who isn't trained like a police officer in these situations) and what happens to the people standing between these two people? They also get shot. I know a lot of people are for the concealed gun carry, including my husband, but I am on the fence on this one. That's a lot of guns walking around the world.
On a lighter note, Madi has started playing pat-a-cake and blowing kisses when we say goodbye. She is so sweet. If everyone could stop a moment and see these happy things around them, the world would be a better place. I know I am a much happier person just being around Madi. You have a bad day or situation and then she looks at you and gives you that big toothy grin and the bad thoughts are gone and everything is good again. It's a great feeling!!!
I hope and pray that everyone is happy, healthy and loved. Have a wonderful weekend.
Love, Amy
1 comment:
awwwwwww...look at Ms. Madi!! What a doll!! When something happens like what did at VT, it is hard not to take a step back and be a little more thankful for what we have and how we have been blessed!!
Post a Comment