First, her Grandpap (Dan) gave her a piece of cake at the restaurant. Notice there is no frosting on the cake. Because that is all she ate off the cake.
Then after supper we went home to have birthday cake that I had made.
And this is what she did with both cakes, eat frosting. (Like cookie monster only it's frosting)
Mmmmmm....good frosting!!!
Well, with lots of frosting and the fact that both sets of grandparents were at her house, she was bouncing off the walls. It was like "show time, everyone is watching me, I am going to go crazy!" But after everyone left, her sugar high fell very quickly and she turned into a whining machine. Good thing it was bedtime.
Last year at this time, we were having a terrible time with Madi and the time change. So far, she hasn't had any trouble adjusting. But Chris and I sure have. I can't seem to go to sleep at a reasonable time and I have a terrible time getting up in the morning. But I love the fact that spring is coming and it's staying light out later. I love this time of year.
Yesterday after nap time (Madi's, not mine) we went out to the house to work. Chris has been kind of slow with work this week and he met us out there to do some dirt work outside. What a beautiful day. I cleaned inside for awhile and then we went out to play. She absolutely loves "Daddy's digger, Daddy's tractor." But she only likes them when they aren't running.
She also loves getting dirty. Which of course drives me crazy. But she loves playing in the rocks and the dirt. Madi must like this time of year also, she wants to be outside all the time. Which is an okay thing because she wears herself out. She had no trouble going to bed last night. So, we will probably have to do the same thing this afternoon!
This weekend we were able to get all the baseboards and trim work done. All the plumbing is done. Basically, the house is done and liveable. I have a lot of clean up to do including touchups in the drywall and painting. I also still have a lot of wood filling to do. Chris has to finish the return air in the basement and get the heating/air unit set outside. He also wants to get the concrete work done and maybe even the deck done before we move in. But we should be moving the last weekend of this month.
We had a bit of a disaster at the house this last week. We hooked up the water line to the refrigerator on Thursday night. Went out Saturday morning and found that it had leaked. We had water all the way across the kitchen and the basement had a ton of water in it. Of course the basement dried out fine but water and wood flooring do not go well together. We have quite a few boards that are really warped and when you walk across the floor, you can feel where the boards have curled and separated. It is so discouraging. It is fixable, but we are going to live with it for awhile. With a little one in the house, it will probably get worse over time and we think we can live with it for awhile and fix it later down the road. My biggest fear at this point is if we fix it then a cup will get spilled or the dogs water will get turned over and we will have another bad spot. So, we are just going to wait.
Happy Birthday to Grandma Betty on Friday. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.
Love, Amy
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment