Saturday, June 7, 2008

Getaway

Chris and I just got back from a shortened weekend getaway. We left early yesterday afternoon and went to KC and Independence and came home tonight. We really didn't have a plan for the weekend, just wanted to get out of town and spend some time together for our anniversary. So we came back early since we ran out of things to do (besides spend money). It was a nice little break and we should probably do it more often. I know I needed a break. 24/7 with Madi and her stubbornness wears on me and I turn into an ugly mommy and I hate it.


Thursday afternoon we had some bad weather around here again. The tv news and the radio news weren't all that helpful at predicting what was going on. They were saying that on radar it looked like tornadoes in Ellsworth and Brookville but no confirmed spots and blah, blah, blah. I don't do storms very well especially when I am home by myself. And since I really wasn't sure what was going on and looking outside the clouds were doing funny things and it looked scary, Madi and I sat in the storm shelter for about a half hour just on the safe side. She was content as could be. We played shadow puppets on the wall with the flash light and ate almost a whole can of Pringles. I guess I eat when I get nervous...that's a bad habit. Oh well, we were safe and nothing really came out of the storm but really strong winds and rain and a little hail. By 7:00 it had cleared off and was nice outside. We went outside to sit on the porch and Madi found our mini lake in the drive. And Daddy let her play in it....














She was totally soaked and covered in mud and had the time of her life. I'm trying to get better about my obsession of staying clean. Big step that night!!


Not much else going on, we are all totally exhausted and ready for bed.

Love, Amy

2 comments:

Beth's Blog said...

Loved the pictures and of course the video. Still have Madi's birthday gift to mail off. We miss you guys. Love, Aunt Beth

Linda J. said...

I loved watching Madi in the puddles! She is getting to be so big and she is so completely adorable! Give her a hug from her Aunt Linda!