Friday, March 20, 2009

13 weeks!!

I had my second appointment yesterday. Madi went with me this time. She did really well even though we had to wait in the waiting room for soo long. She is shy around people at first but once they say something to her, watch out she will talk your ear off. There was an older lady sitting by us and Madi wasn't too sure about her. But the lady asked her a question and Madi was off and running. She then announced to the whole waiting room that "We're going to hear my baby's heartbeat!" We got oohh's and aahh's and chuckles from everyone.

Once in the room we then played the naming game. Every item in the room she had to touch and say "what is that?" The doctor came in and we listened to the heartbeat. She watched intently as he put the goo on my tummy and started looking for the heartbeat. Once he found it, we both made sure Madi could hear it and told her what it was. Obviously my play up of it was a little disappointing because by then, she didn't care and I don't think she understood what she was listening too. I should have had her listen to her heartbeat first while we were waiting.

But all is well. My blood pressure is good and I had to assure him again that we will not be doing the "blood pressure thing" again this time. I gained too much weight for my comfort. But I should have known. The only thing that is helping me keep the nausea away is eating. So, I jokingly have said I will gain 50 lbs with this kiddo. If I keep going like this, I probably will! He did say the "morning sickness" peaks about 12-13 weeks so hopefully it will start getting better soon. Although it never did with Madi, so lets pray it does with this one soon. I also got some meds for my ever recurring ear infections. This is the first time he has ever seen my ears infected and he was quite shocked. "That looks awful, how can you stand it?" "Eh, it happens at least 3 times a year, can I have some meds now, I'd really like to hear out of my right ear again?"

----------------------------------------------------
Madi is doing so well with potty training. All except the pooping part. But I think I might have that figured out. I know her drinking fluids has dramatically decreased since we started potty training and I think that has a huge part in her troubles. She still won't poop on the potty, but at this point, I don't care. As long as she is pooping regularly, that's all I care about. Saturday afternoon (after 3 days and no poops) I was ready to give up on potty training all together. I put her back in diapers and told her we are done, you can poop and potty in your diaper. She never did want to potty again in her diaper. She spent most of Sunday in a pull up and still pottied every time in the potty.

I've put off looking at preschools, I was just convinced she was never going to potty train, why look if she can't go. So, I need to get busy and get some calling done before they all fill up for the fall. Chris said, "Why send her to preschool, you can teach her what she needs to know." Maybe, but she definitely needs social skills and a break from me. I'm looking forward to her being able to go and getting to play and interact with other kids, I'm excited for her.

--------------------------------------------------
Chris is finally able to start getting some work done outside. We had a ton of rock brought in yesterday put down in front of the new shed. He got a lot of it moved last night, but needs something a little easier to move around in than his big old digger. Him and Quentin (one of our workers) are out there right now working on framing the walls inside the shed. They will all be back out tomorrow to do the electrical install. We have a neighbor who does underground boring and he will be putting in the electrical and plumbing lines to the shed next week. Which will be great because the boring (sp?) is all underground, so we don't have to dig up the yard and have a trench and mound of dirt all the way across the yard and driveway.

So, there is all of our excitement this last week. Oh, we did get a couple of new tractors and I will get some pics and tell you about all the fun with them soon, stay tuned!!!

Love, Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I didn't know you were expecting again! Congrats!! I accidentally found your website from an old email I saved, and I'm very glad I saved it! Little Madi isn't little anymore... she is ALL grown up! Can't wait to get her, Jack and Charlie together again! Take care hun! Love, Dixie, Muff, Jack & Charlie