Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So Much to Say...

I'm so sorry for not updating for awhile. I just haven't felt like sitting down and writing.

First of all, the biggest news of the week (I'm so excited!!!) We are now on day 3 of potty training and it is going so good!! I would never have dreamed how good she would be at this.

Day one:
Monday I worked at the shop and she went to Jane's for part of the day. They started training that morning and she did really good. She told her when she needed to go potty. She even took a nap in panties with no accidents. She did have two accidents when we got home Monday afternoon, but Wyatt was here playing and she was a little preoccupied and was not paying attention. Monday night I put her to bed with panties on and she slept all night with no accidents!!! Couldn't believe it. I didn't sleep very good. I was awake a dozen times listening for her, so sure that I was going to have to change sheets and clothes in the middle of the night.

Day Two:
Tuesday we spent most of the morning in the bathroom, jumping between her bathroom and my bathroom. We started giving her a treat each time after she pottied, but the little stinker caught on to that pretty quickly. She would go potty, get her treat and then immediately say "I want more candy, I have to go potty." So we changed the rewards. She can have ice cream in the evening if she doesn't have any accidents during the day. This is working so much better. She did get her ice cream last night, no accidents yesterday!! Put her to bed again with panties and slept all night, no accidents!!

Day Three:
Doing great!! No accidents and still telling me when she needs to potty. We haven't had a bowel movement since Monday morning though. She doesn't want to poop on the potty so far. We will have to do something about that today, she can't go much longer, I'm sure. (Any suggestions, please help.) I don't want to confuse or erase our progress so far by letting her poop in a diaper only, but I don't want her to get sick or hurt either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
We were road warriors this last week. Thursday afternoon we went to Wichita for Tabatha's baby shower at her school. It was a lot of fun. Mom rode down with us. We went to the mall first so I could do some maternity clothes shopping. I didn't find much but Madi had a ball going up and down the escalators with Mom!! Then went over to the shower. There were a lot of people there and she got some really cool stuff. Tabatha's mom and sister made it also. Afterwards we went back to Jason and Tabatha's house. Madi played and played with Daisy (their Beagle) in the back yard and had a blast. And then we went out for supper and headed back home. It was a long afternoon and Madi skipped her nap, but she did great for not having one.

Saturday was Chris' 30th birthday. We ended up not having a party. I am so bad. I have not felt well enough to get anything done. He was okay with that though, he didn't want a party to begin with. We made our way back to Wichita for the day. There was a big gun show and that's what he wanted to do instead. Madi and I hung out at Jason and Tabatha's house and Jason went with Chris to the gun show. Which worked out great because they were gone for at least 4 hours and there is no way I could have kept her going that long.

We had an interesting ride home. It ended up taking us 2 hours to get home instead of 1. We were just leaving Wichita and my dad calls to see where we are. There is a tornado in Hutchinson and moving east directly in the path of our way home. So we keep going, watching the skies, listening to the radio and getting updates from mom and dad periodically. We get to Newton and just not quite sure what we should do. We get to Hesston and we are right on the edge of the storm and the radio says it is just north of us. We pull into Hesston and going to wait it out there when the radio says that the storm will now be in Hesston in 15 minutes. By now I am totalling freaking out. I don't like storms and I especially don't like tornadoes and it is even worse when I don't have any shelter to rely on. So we turn around and head back to Newton. Just pulling into town and you can hear on the radio that the sirens are going off in Hesston and the storm spotters are sitting on 135 and the Hesston exit seeing funnel clouds dipping out of the clouds. I was a nervous wreck. Everything finally clears about 15 minutes later and we hit the road again. We never got a drop of rain all the way home. By the time we got to Hesston, the sun was shinning and the storm had pretty much broken up to the nothing east of us. It was crazy. Madi was also crazy, she had had enough with sitting in the car.

Sunday we hit the road again. This time we went north to Beloit. My cousin's little girl, Ava, was having her 1st birthday party!! It was a great day and Madi absolutely loves playing with Ella. They ran around and had a ball all afternoon. Madi crashed shortly after leaving town and slept all the way home and then went back to sleep once we got into the house. She was exhausted.

----------------------------------------------------------------
We have a guy coming to spray foam the ceiling of the shop at the house this week. I think Chris is going to get started on the inside this weekend. He has some sealing to do on the roof and then walls and electrical to put up inside. Hopefully it's a little warmer this weekend than it is now. I know he would like to get started. Work slowed a little bit for him last month, but is picking up again.

My next doctor's appointment is next Thursday. Can't wait to go back and hear the heartbeat. I'm going to take Madi with us this time. Saturday starts the second trimester and I am really hoping that I will get rid of this sickness soon. I never did with Madi, but it sure would be nice to have a break with this one. Today has been really rough. But Madi has been really good and patient which helps out a lot.

I'm going to go take a nap while I can. Have a great rest of the week!! Happy Birthday to Grandma Betty Saturday!!

Love, Amy

No comments: