Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday!! (I couldn't think of a good title)

I woke up this morning and actually heard birds singing outside!!! I love it. I can't wait for spring. Today is supposed to be gorgeous and we just made plans to go to the zoo with Gina and Kenley. Madi is soo excited. She loves playing with Kenley and going to the zoo, so it will be a great afternoon. Plus we have to enjoy these 60s and 70s when we get them, it isn't supposed to be all that warm this weekend.


Madi: "We going to the zoo!?"
Me: "Yes, do you want to go with Kenley to the zoo?"
Madi: "Yeah. But I don't want to see the rhino's. Their stinky (holding her nose shut)! I don't want to go into the barn, it's got poopy in it."
Me: "Okay, we won't go into the barn this time."


Monday I took Madi to the dermatologist. She's had a dry, sore on her little toe that has been getting worse and worse. Plus she has some dry patches on the back of her knees and elbow creases. Chris had psoriasis when he was younger, so I wanted to get it checked out. She doesn't have the psoriasis but has eczema. Don't know what the difference is, but either way we have to change quite a bit of stuff around here. New fabric soap and softener, new bathing soap and lotion. She is on a steroid creme for two weeks and Vanicream everyday and after baths. She said she should grow out of it. But she isn't very good about letting me put lotion on, so she is just going to have to get over that. And of course I just stocked up on laundry detergent and softener. I'll just have to give it away, I don't want to have to store it. I wonder who I could give it too? Does the food shelter take stuff like that or maybe some kind of organization could take it? I'll have to check into that.


Our latest project has been in the works for about two weeks now and they finally finished yesterday. We had a crew come out and pour concrete in the shop at the house. It looks great and they did an awesome job. Chris is now looking into having someone come out and do spray foam on the ceiling and doing a wet pack, blown insulation on the walls. He sat down last night and drew out the building and got his materials list all made up. I'm really surprised he is finishing it as much as he is. I don't know what his grand plans are for it yet. He talked about moving all of his woodworking equipment home from the shop. That would sure free up a lot of room for him for work. I'm still debating on whether to have a birthday party for him out there this year or not. I need to make up my mind, it's only a week and half away. The big 3-0 this year!!!


I finally got some pictures taken last week. My pictures are pretty pathetic this month. Maybe I'll get some more this afternoon. Have a great rest of the week!!


Love, Amy



Happy girl!!


Typical Madi reaction to seeing the camera out.


She actually wanted her picture taken yesterday.


New concrete...future party site!!

No comments: