Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sickness continued...

I'm not the only one feeling bad this week. Madi started complaining of a tummy ache Monday night and quickly went down hill. I can't believe how fast she started feeling bad. She was playing and running around one minute and the next she's telling me her tummy hurts and she is burning up. She was doing much better today, still a slight temp (according to my "high" dollar thermometer) but not really wanting to eat much the last two days. But right before bed she comes in and says her mouth hurts. I set her on the counter to give her some Motrin (because of the temp) and she throws up all over me. Ugh!!! Not the first time this week.

What is it about becoming a mom that all of a sudden others (well your children's) bodily fluids don't bother you anymore? I guess you just have to do it. Especially when your husband just sits there and watches. It's like his brain freezes and he doesn't know what to do. My yelling and barking out orders to him is the only thing that snaps him out of it. Oh well, someone has to be the leader right?:)

Love, Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I hope you are all feeling better up there!!
Aunt Joye