Thursday, February 11, 2010

5 Months

Evan is 5 months old today!! Time sure does fly. Some of his new things this month:
He found his voice. He started making this really deep growling sound and now he just screams! He is trying to be heard over his big sister. :)
He is starting to roll over from back to tummy and still rolling over tummy to back. Still not going far, but he's trying.
He loves playing with his feet. But it makes it very hard to change diapers and put clothes on when his toes are in his mouth!

Evan is so aware of his surroundings. He is constantly taking everything in and loves watching everyone moving around. He tries to watch Madi running around the house but he can't quite keep up with her. He is also very grabby. Grabs everything, hair, glasses, drinks, phones, nothing is safe within arms length of him. And of course, once he has it in his hands, it's in his mouth. He also thinks he is ready for food. He watches us so closely when we are eating and tries to grab at it. It won't be too much longer though.

We have to be very careful now where we set him. If he is propped up on our bed he will pull himself to sitting up but keeps going until he is on his tummy. Madi likes to sit with him on the couch or in the recliner, but I don't know if we can do that too much longer. I don't think she would be quick enough or paying close attention to grab him if he suddenly starts moving. I have set him up on the floor several times and he will sit for a little bit and start to lean to one side and then catches himself and sits back up. But it doesn't last long. That's okay though. I don't want him growing up so fast anyways :(

He is such a happy baby and so fun to spend time with. I am so lucky to be able to stay home!


Still loves the exersaucer. Of course, he spends most of the time with the toys he can move towards him, in his mouth!


2-11-10 Bath time! Starting to sit up pretty good on his own and is starting to look around and play instead of hyperventilating the whole time :)




Smell my toes, they're clean!! (As Madi would say!)

-------------------------------------------
We've had some fun outings this last month. Madi got to go bowling with Mayci, Carly and Kenley. They had such a blast. It was fun to watch them.






Then after bowling, each of the Mama's took the three older girls to Central High's play of The Beauty and the Beast. Madi was a little whinny before it started. She was concerned that she wasn't going to be able to see over the top of the people sitting in front of us. But once it started and she figured out where she was supposed to be watching, she was fine. She did sit on my lap for the first half and then sat with Kenley for the last part. Foldable seats are just not very friendly for three year olds. But all three loved the play and afterwards we went down to the stage and was able to get their pictures taken with Belle.




-------------------------
I have been busy with craft projects this last month. I am planning Chris' cousin Meranda's baby shower and have been working on the invitations during any spare moments. I'm glad I started this task two months before the shower, because my free time is very short and I was starting to worry that I wasn't going to get them done. But I did and they are finally in the mail! I'll share pics of all the shower stuff later because Meranda hasn't seen everything and I want to keep some of it a surprise.

And Madi and I made her Valentines for school. They turned out so cute. I got the idea from Skip to my Lou. I love that website, so many neat craft ideas there.





Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Love, Amy

2 comments:

The Gengler's said...

Oh my goodness! Evan is such a big boy, and those big handsome eyes! Great idea on the homemade valentines, they turned out really cute! Everyone made Valentines at daycare for eachother and Jaxson didn't have anything to handout, I didn't even think about it. I'm just not into that yet for some reason, cause he can't really participate in any of it yet, I guess.

Linda J. said...

I can't believe how big Evan and Madi both are getting. It has now been over a year since I last saw Madi, and I have not yet met Evan. These are great pictures. I hope everyone is beginning to feel better in your household.