Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Monthly Update

Wow, this is getting harder and harder every month to keep up with. February was a busy month with the sickies around here. Everyone caught something at different times during the month. But we are finally all better and ready for spring. We got a good taste of it last week and were able to go outside and enjoy the sun. Evan had his first outside swing ride. He liked it as long as it was soft and the wind wasn't blowing in his face. And Madi loved that he was outside and "playing" with her on the swing set. I'm looking forward to being able to go outside and play this spring with lots of trips to the park! And Madi finally got to go out and play Playdoh. She has been bugging me for months to play playdoh but I hate having it in the house. It gets every where. So she was excited for that.




Madi helping push! I love his smiles :)




"What are you doing down there Madi?" Evan looks so tiny.


Evan has had a lot of change in the last month since I wrote last. On February 24 he started rice cereal. He really did not like it. The first night was okay but once he figured out what we were doing the rest of the nights were a struggle. He would clamp his lips tight and didn't want anything to do with it. I started him on solids a couple weeks early because it just seemed like I was feeding him every two hours and he just was not content. He still seems to be eating a lot but during the day he can go longer in between feedings. Evenings he still wants to eat every 3 hours and is still getting up at least once a night to eat. It will be interesting to see how much he weighs next week. He doesn't look chunky at all, but I just feel like I am over feeding him.

We did five nights of rice cereal and then switched to oatmeal. He still didn't like the oatmeal either. So, last Thursday I tried sweet potatoes hoping that something with more taste would appeal to him. He had no troubles at all with the sweet potatoes. This weekend he was even getting mad at me and fussing because I wasn't getting it into his mouth fast enough. I have to hold the bowl under his chin and shovel it in. And last night he had carrots and is doing great.




First cereal night.


Evan is also sitting up really well. I still have to be right there, he is still wobbly. But he loves sitting up and playing. He can even catch himself at times before falling over. But he is getting there. Last Wednesday he even scooted forward 3 times to get to me. It was very exciting. He hasn't done much moving forward since but he does really good going in circles and getting toys to him that are a bit out of his reach. Maybe he's going to be a race car driver, they only travel in circles?!! :)

Evan is still a really happy baby. It's a little sad that he is moving on to new things but I'm almost ready for it. I'm ready for him to be able to sit and play on his own and be a little (very little) mobile.


Smilies!!



Madi is still totally in love with her little brother. She can't get enough of him sometimes and gets excited and a little rough. But she better watch out, he's already pulling her hair!!

She is doing really well in school and is constantly singing us new songs and running around dancing. She likes to perform for us. We watched Mamma Mia the movie for the first time two weeks ago and she fell in love with it. I think we have watched at least parts of it every day since. We went to Wal-Mart Monday night and bought it. When she found it she started singing the songs while walking through the store. We stopped in the baby food aisle and she was belting it out and this lady looks over and chuckles and says now she has that song stuck in her head. It was really funny and Daddy was totally embarrassed!!!

I have her signed up for gymnastics starting in mid April. I'm really looking forward to seeing what she thinks about it. I also got a gift certificate for The Dance Academy for one month of dance lessons at the CAPS auction. I need to get that scheduled too.




Madi playing with the camera.

1 comment:

Linda J. said...

I love these updates, but they remind me of how much Evan has grown and I have not yet met him! I don't know when next I will get to Kansas! But I can't wait to meet him! I would love to see Madi singing and dancing. Thanks for posting these updates.