Madi started showing signs of goopy eyes too this week. But hers cleared up on their own. But Friday night, while we were at a benefit supper for a friend, she puked all over the floor, right in the middle of everything. I felt so bad and couldn't do anything but hold her head over a trashcan. Terrible. We came home, took baths and she was fine. Asking for candy two hours later, go figure.
And then last night, Evan started throwing up right at bedtime. By 6:30 this morning we both had gone through 5 sets of clothes each and half a dozen towels. He was up and down throughout the night and is feeling better today.
I have also been battling my own cold this week. But with the kids not sleeping well at night, I am not sleeping well either. And I am afraid to take NyQuil at night thinking I won't hear Evan or wake up when they need me. So it isn't getting any better either. Chris was wonderful this afternoon and I actually took a two hour nap. So needed. We all need to get feeling better with the holiday this week and then Chris leaves for deer camp next Sunday, which leaves me all alone for the week.
Luckily (knock on wood, cross fingers, etc, etc) Chris hasn't gotten sick. He would be pretty upset if he missed Deer Camp!
We did have some fun Saturday night before all the throwing up started. We went downtown for the Festival of Lights Parade. We LOVE parades. And this one is so much fun to watch all the Christmas lights decorated on the floats and vehicles. Madi liked the dancing groups and they had some really cute Christmas outfits this year. And of course we brought home a Dillons bag completely full of candy. Evan liked the horses, the dogs, and the firetrucks. He waved and had a lot of fun. This was his first year to watch this parade. Last year he slept through the whole thing in the warm, toasty car. Then we waved to Santa at the end and Madi cheered for the street sweepers following behind.
Pics of the kids at the parade. It was cold last night. But we went home after and had popcorn, hot chocolate and watched a Christmas movie.
Madi has her Thanksgiving feast at school tomorrow and then she is done for the week. Thursday we will spend the day at Chris' parents house. Madi is going to spend the night with Nana and Papa, Uncle Jason, Aunt Tabatha, and Jaxson on Thursday night. Evan may stay with Chris' parents and Chris and I will get up dark and early and hit the Black Friday sales. It's so much easier and safer to do this without the kids. I don't know what they have for sale this year, but I am sure we can find something that we just CAN"T live without and just HAVE to brave the crowds at 4:00 in the morning. We do tend to get the bulk of our Christmas shopping done this day. Then the rest of the day we will spend at my parents having Thanksgiving with my family.
Madi's favorite food, chocolate cupcakes.
But we added a Thanksgiving treat on top.
Evan's play spot while we were decorating, goofy boy!
I hope everyone has a wonderful short week and blessed Thanksgiving Day with family and loved ones.
Love, Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment