Today: Bake a special treat with Mommy! Madi picked chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting. We will take some out to deer camp tomorrow night along with supper for the guys. They should enjoy the pink frosting!!
Madi spent the night at deer camp with Daddy, Bob and Bobby Sunday. Chris said she did good. They drove around and looked for deer, watched a movie (Quigley Down Under) that Madi did not like because a baby was crying because it was scared of the wolves (I've never seen it, but I'll take her word), and she said she didn't hear any coyotes howling during the night and she only got a little cold. They had breakfast in the tent and at 10am Monday she called me and said she was ready to go home. I think she was bored. The guys said they hadn't even left the tent Monday morning yet. When we got there she was playing under the cots, must have been boring! :) But she said she liked it and she would stay again. She terrorized Bob with her Barbie doll and Tinker Bell chair. She's ready to go see Daddy though. She misses him terribly. We will go out tomorrow night with hot food.
Sunday while setting up. We had to make our way to the toys to play. Evan discovered the slide and I couldn't get him away from it. Madi wanted to go over and play Monday when I got there, but it was 30 degrees and 30 mph winds. It was cold!
The three of us playing while decorating last night.
We decorated the tree last night. I had Madi put all the wood and cloth ornaments along the bottom so Evan can't break anything. He likes to go look and occasionally has pulled off an ornament. But so far, nothing broken (knock on wood!) He was really excited when we got the snow globes out and wanted to touch and shake and carry them around. So while we were at Lowes the other night, I bought him a plastic one that lights up and sings and he can turn it on and off himself. He's forgotten about my glass ones, so far my plan is working!! And he really likes all the lights. Madi will turn the tree off during the day and after nap when it starts getting darker, we turn it back on and each time he sees it, he gets excited, "ewwww," and big grins. I love it!!
Monday morning I took Evan back to the doctor for his follow up check after the ear and eye infection. His eyes are all better and one ear has cleared up, but the left ear is still infected. She put him on Augmenten, a stronger antibiotic to hopefully clear it up. The bad news is, that stuff can make him sick. So I have to be careful and make sure his tummy is full before taking it. He is on day 2 of it and so far no tummy aches and throwing up. But his diaper is getting pretty runny quite a few times during the day. No fun for my little guy.
----------------------------------------
Thanksgiving
We had a wonderfully lazy Thanksgiving. Evan and I were still trying to get over our yucks. So plans changed all weekend. Thursday we spent with Chris' family. That afternoon, Madi and I and her cousins Jackie and Taylor went to see the movie Tangled. Such a cute movie. One of the best Disney's in awhile. But it was 3D. I've never seen a 3D movie. It made my head hurt and upset my stomach (not the best type of movie to watch when you have been sick). We then made our way to my parents. Madi was going to spend the night with them while we went shopping for Black Friday. Evan was going to stay with Chris' parents. But by the time we got back to Chris' parents to drop Evan off, my ears and sinus infection were killing me and I just wanted to go home and go to bed. So Evan came home with us after all. At about 2am, Madi was standing beside me waking me up. I thought I was dreaming. Her legs were hurting and she was missing me. They tried to call but I didn't even think about taking my phone to bed with me. So when she couldn't talk to me on the phone, she got even more upset. Mom ended up driving her all the way home in the middle of the night.
We did end up going to Wal-Mart Friday morning about 9am. I've never seen Wal-Mart so empty on a major shopping day. It was crazy. They still had some of the stuff that was on sale and the rest we could live without. Friday we spent the day with my parents and my brother and his family. Another great day! The kids had so much fun playing together.
It was even nice enough to go outside and get some pictures.
Of course Evan loved it, he loves being outside
The three grands. Yikes, that was hard getting a good picture with them all looking in the same direction and smiling! One good one out of probably a dozen!
And then the Grandparents with the kids. Such a great picture!! Also, one out of a dozen! I'm sure I have a couple of Jaxson pulling Madi's hair :)
I hope everyone is getting into the Holiday Spirit as well. So many craft projects so little time. Hopefully we will share some more! HO HO HO!
Love, Amy
1 comment:
I love your Advent Calendar idea! What a special way to go through the month!
Post a Comment