Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wrapping It Up

It's almost the end of the year. Christmas is over :( All the decorations are down and put away again. Madi was not happy to see the tree go. She thought if the tree was still up we could still have another Christmas. But it just doesn't work that way.

We had a nice two days of Christmas festivities. Christmas Eve day we spent at my parents' house with my brother and his family. The kids had fun playing together and we all enjoyed eating lots of good food. We opened presents. Of course the kids got lots of new toys and fun things to play with. Mom and Dad got each family a Wii!! So exciting and totally unexpected. We hooked it up and played some bowling before Jason and Tabatha and Jaxson took off for home. Chris and I then ran out to Wal-Mart before they closed to stock up on controllers and some more games. When we got back to Mom and Dad's, Dad was enjoying a round of bowling with Madi! Might have to get them one for their anniversary, but don't tell! ;)


Our love bugs!! Such cuties!

Christmas Day we (Chris and I) woke up early and got food started for lunch. We then went and woke up the kids. We all opened our gifts. Cleaned up the mess so we could get all messy again. Madi and Evan played with their toys while Chris and I continued to get lunch ready and table set. Chris' parents and brother came out and we opened our gifts from them and then ate lunch. We then spent the rest of the day playing Wii and munching.

Sunday was clean up day. And the rest of the week so far has been clean up and organize. Nothing like bringing a bunch of stuff in the house and being forced to get rid of stuff and rearrange to make it all fit. I've gotten all the bed rooms done, kitchen and living room done. The rest of the week will be spent downstairs getting it reorganized and things put away. I have been terrible about putting things where they belong and just stacking them in the room they are supposed to be in.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas filled with loved ones and joy!
Love, Amy

No comments: