I have been so frustrated and even started working on setting up a new blog on WordPress this afternoon. I haven't been able to even get to this website all week. Even though I haven't been able to keep up with timely posts, the thought of not having it and not being able to look back and read about what we have been doing was a scary thought. So, FINALLY when the website loaded tonight (after trying off and on all day) I better get something written. It might be weeks before I can get back on.
There really hasn't been a lot going on this month. It's been cold and snowy and we have spent a lot of time at home just doing our thing.
A week ago Friday, Evan had his checkup for his ears again. All is cleared up and well, FINALLY!!) After battling fluid and infections over and over since November, we FINALLY got it all knocked out. No more worries and stressing if surgery is going to be the next step. Of course, I'm probably the only one that stressed and worried about this. But I just don't want him to have the problems that I continue to have with my ears. It is not fun and is painful and I just can't stand the thought of him having to deal with that pain. Along with the good news checkup, Evan has also FINALLY started sleeping through the night again this last week. (I probably just jinxed myself!) But between the ears, colds, and being sick off and on, it has been a very long time since I have had an uninterrupted night of sleep. I was joking with my mom that I just better get used to it. By the time they start sleeping all night, they will be old enough to be out with friends and I'll still be up waiting on them. I'll sleep in 18 years, it'll be here before I know it :)
Yesterday we had a nice surprise from Chris. He came home at 10 am and said he took the day off to spend with us! What a treat! Madi has been wanting to go to the Sternberg Museum in Hays (the dinosaur museum). She calls it "The Museum of Natural History." Since that is what they call it on PBS. It's quite cute when she says it. She is just totally fascinated by dinosaurs and everything she does and talks about is dinosaurs. So we took off for Hays. None of us have been before so it was a treat for all of us. It was a little smaller than I thought it was. I'm glad we went but I wouldn't make a special trip there to go to it again. At least while the kids are so young. They just practically run through museums. They look at half of what is there and then it's only a quick glance while I try and keep up and try and read at least what the object is before they are off to the next thing. The first floor that we went too had large motorized replicas of a t-rex and a corynthisaurus (I'm just going to pretend that I know how to spell that). They made growling noises and their mouths and heads moved. Totally freaked out both of the kids!! Madi was hiding behind Chris and Evan was trying to run in the opposite direction. I picked him up and he had a death grip on me while we hurried past them, while Madi had her face buried into Chris' backside on the verge of tears. I couldn't help but laugh, it was pretty funny! We had a nice time and Madi thought it was the best museum ever!! (Despite the scary parts, now that she knows they aren't real!)
This week Madi has a field trip to the Salina Art Center. Should be another interesting trip to yet another museum type place. This time with 24 four year olds. Yikes, maybe I should be more selective on the field trips I volunteer for. No, it will be fun and I wouldn't miss a single field trip for anything. One of the job perks!! I am also still working on getting the house organized and purging some (a lot) of the things that we really don't need to be hanging onto anymore just because we are too lazy to get rid of things. I may have to steal the truck soon to get it loaded up and make a trip to the dump. I'm pretty sure I could probably fill most of the wheat truck, if it was running :( By the end of the month, I should have my Christmas present here FINALLY!! I'll share pics later!
Love, Amy
3 comments:
Even though you could not get your blog up and running, I was not having any problem reading it. I check at least every week to see if there is an update. So I have been checking it regularly. So even though you were struggling with getting it up to make entries, it was still here to read. I love reading your blog and watching the kids grow up and know a little about their day-to-day life. Thank you.
You are so very welcome. I enjoy sharing them with our family that can't be here to see them!
I ditto Linda as well. I love going on and reading about the kids and what they are up to everytime you post. I check off and on during the week to see what is up. Just so you know you won't sleep until they move out of your house as you wait up on them even when they are 23 and then you have dogs that love to get up every night to go out. Wouldn't trade it for the world though. Enjoy those babies and what little sleep you get. We miss you guys so much! Love, Aunt Beth
Post a Comment