I am loving this fantastic weather we have been having!! This is my favorite time of year, being able to play outside, have the windows open, everything is turning green again! Love, love, love it!! We have been thinking and planning about our garden the last couple of weeks. We really haven't done anything yet. It's been so stinking windy lately that I suggested that we don't get crazy and till yet. We would lose half of our dirt. And then this morning I heard that you aren't supposed to put anything in the ground until Mother's Day. I guess by Mother's Day all chances of cold weather or unexpected overnight freezes are gone. Yay, a couple more weeks to get the ground ready. Chris went out last night and harrowed the corn field though. Getting ready to get it planted too. Madi was a little upset that we are planting the whole field in corn again. It's supposed to be pumpkins so that she could invite all her friends to our house to pick pumpkins this year. The kids and I went out and rode around on the golf cart and watched him. Madi drove and she was so excited. "Mommy, I can drive now!!!" I had to stress to her several times that she is not allowed to EVER drive without Mom or Dad on with her. I can just see her hoping on and taking off by herself, SCARY!! Or scarier yet, with Evan, AAAHHH!
Here is some pictures from our weekend. We did a lot of family time this weekend. The kids stayed a couple of hours Saturday with Dan and Jane while we went to a funeral and they had a great time playing. Then we went to my parents and had more fun playing. Madi spent the night with them Saturday night. And then Sunday we went to church and after naps we met Chris' parents out at Bennington Lake and did some fishing. Evan's first fishing trip
(not in my belly)! And Madi caught her first fish!! And we left luckily with only one foot falling into the lake! Shocker, because we saved Evan from falling in several times.
 |
| Watching Grandpap mow. It was mesmerizing, I don't think they had ever seen someone walk and mow at the same time, good job Grandpap!! |
 |
| Evan "fishing" |
 |
| I love Madi's fishing attire. Good thing she had those boots on, saved her foot from getting all wet when she fell in the lake! |
 |
| Didn't take him long to trade the pole for some snacks. Now that's fishing! |
 |
| Madi's first fish!! |
Her pole wasn't in the water 5 minutes before she caught her fish. Madi pulled that fish out of the water and she went running. Took some prodding and promising that it wasn't going to get her for her to come back and get her picture taken. She still didn't want to touch the fish though.
 |
| Evan's new fishing pole. |
Evan caught on real quick as to what we were doing. I helped him cast a couple of times and reel it in. He loved it. So much so, that he didn't like that little blue fish being out of the water. I had so save him and the pole a couple of times from going into the lake. He kept trying to throw the whole thing in. Plus I got smacked a couple of times by that blue fish with him swinging it around, it hurt!
 |
| Checking out the worms. |
He had no fear with the worms. He picked it up with no problems and like everything else, it went straight to his mouth!! A little worm goo and dirt never hurt anyone, right? Such a boy!
 |
| Evan and Madi cruising this morning. |
 |
| Love that smile! |
 |
| Evan didn't like Madi hitching a ride with him! |
My poor boy is always surrounded by pink. I even bought him that new Diego fishing pole so he wouldn't have to use one of Madi's Barbie poles. I hope he doesn't get a complex!!
Have a great rest of the week!!
Love, Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment