| Waiting for the circus to start!! |
-------------------------------------
Easter weekend was a busy time. We spent Saturday at my parents' house and had a great time watching the kids hunt for eggs and play together. And of course had some wonderful food as well.
| Easter Egg hunt at Nana and Papa's |
| Easter Dress! |
To make up for all the candy, all the kids got toothbrushes and toothpaste! It balances out right?
| Half of the Durando kids enjoying their Easter baskets! |
I love all the kids running out of the house, so cute!! And I missed the older ones!
| Easter egg hunt at our house. |
| Checking out their loot! |
| Bernadette and Madi |
| Easter day tractor ride |
Last week Madi's preschool had their Rolling Hills Zoo field trip. Unfortunately, we weren't able to go through the zoo. When we arrived, an animal had gotten loose inside the zoo and they were working on getting it contained. And since we had just a little time we went through the museum instead. Still a wonderful trip and the kids had a blast.
Friday, we were among the 2 billion that tuned in to watch the Royal Wedding. However, we did not get up at 3 am to watch. That's a little too early to be a functioning Mommy for the rest of the day. The power of technology allowed me to record the event and we watched it later in the morning! But as we were watching, Madi fell in love with all the hats. Especially the ones with feathers. But since I didn't have any feathers, we made our own flower hats and joined in with the others in attendance! It was fun!
-----------------------------------
We spent all day outside Saturday, it was so gorgeous. The kids played and entertained themselves for the most part. Madi dog sat our neighbors dog this weekend. So she had a little friend following her around all day. It was so cute she would be walking along with him talking or singing. And Evan also enjoyed him. I would love to get the kids a dog, but we are just too busy anymore and I'm afraid the newness of a dog would wear off quickly and I would be stuck taking care of it myself. Chris worked on getting the tractors all ready for next weekend's Tractor Drive. (I jumped back in forth helping him and watching the kids and the dog.) I can't wait, I'm so excited!! We should have 5 tractors in the drive this year. Chris and I, both of our dads, and the manager out at Tractor Supply is going to drive the Show Tractor. Lots of work but lots of fun!Sunday morning we delivered our May Day Baskets to a couple of friends and family and then made our way down to my brother's house in Valley Center to celebrate Jaxson's 2nd birthday. It was a little chilly yesterday but the kids had a blast playing on Jaxson's new fort. It was a wonderful day!
I have more pics to add from Chris' phone, check back later and I'll update next week after the tractor drive! Have a great week!
Love, Amy
2 comments:
Great post! It sounds like you are having fun, fun, fun! I love it. Thank you for posting and letting us have a glimpse of how things are at the Helm place! Love to all of you!
You are such a fun mom!!!
Post a Comment