Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

The day, the night we have all been preparing for is here! The kids are super excited. The last couple of days more and more presents have been showing up under the tree. Anticipation is wearing on them. "Can we open a present?" I love this time of year. But I wish I could be done and prepared before the last two days come.

We have had a wonderful December. We started the month with Daddy gone at deer camp and getting to visit all the guys. We got to see Santa at our church's cookie walk. Evan was so excited to see him. But I was afraid that once he was in front of him he would get scared. But he did great and it only got him more excited! Then we had a wonderful but busy second weekend. The Helm Electric Christmas party on Friday night, where we spent an enjoyable evening with the best employees ever. And we saw another spectacular play put on at the Salina Community Theatre. I was so excited to see "White Christmas" and they did not disappoint. Saturday morning was spent with our church friends at the VeggieTales Christmas Event that I planned. It went great and everyone was pleased with the turnout. And then Sunday we spent the day celebrating a wonderful young man, Kaleb Speilman, and raising money to help with his fight with cancer.

And then last weekend we spent in KC with Chris' parents and aunts. It was a special gift to spend time with everyone. Even though we spent half of the weekend with the kids throwing up, it was still a great time. Tuesday we got to see Santa again at Dan's office. The kids had a wonderful time after a bit of apprehension. And they enjoyed getting to open an early gift from Santa. Evan's face is just priceless after opening his gift and seeing the tractor that he asked Santa for. Although it lead to questions from Madi why she didn't get what she asked for :) This last week we have all still spent fighting the flu. But Christmas prep still needs to get done and some how I still managed to get it finished. Tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day and I can't wait to spend it with our loved ones.

Merry Christmas and I hope everyone has a blessed day with their loved ones as well.

Love, Amy














Posted by Picasa

No comments: