I remember everything from my doctor's appointments, bed rest, labor, the weekend spent in the hospital with our new baby girl, to those first couple of days/weeks at home like it was yesterday. How could that possibly have been 6 years ago? Why does it all have to go so fast?
Madi has begun a new independence streak. Made me sad the other day when she didn't want to hold my hand while walking to the store from the car. "Mom, I am a big girl, I don't need to hold your hand." Stab to the heart :( "I know you don't NEED to hold my hand, but I like to hold your hand because I love you!" "Okay, I love you too."
She loves riding her bike, painting, helping Daddy, making crafts with Mommy, teasing Grandpap about her flip flops :), swimming or anything with water, gymnastics, going to lunch with Nana, and looking forward to first grade. The list could go on forever. Of course she also likes terrorizing her brother. But I guess what sibling doesn't. She really does enjoy playing with him and teaching him and helping him do things. But she can get a little bossy and overbearing and then they start to fuss with each other. Evan used to just do whatever she said but now he has his own stubborn streak and way to do things and enjoys pushing buttons.
We had a fun day celebrating her birthday. First thing in the morning she wanted to open her presents. Daddy picked out new boots, socks, jeans, and a sleeveless rodeo shirt. And a horse stamp set from Evan. Daddy did pretty good for someone who never buys the kids clothing. We then watched a morning movie and then headed to the zoo for lunch and a couple hours walking around. As soon as we got to the zoo, it sprinkled on us the whole time. Which was okay, I have been begging for rain for weeks. I would gladly have sacrificed being outside in a downpour if we could have gotten some rain. So we kept going and didn't worry about the drizzle. But then it kept getting a little harder and the kids were getting a little whiny-er (I'm sure that's not a word, but they were) So we walked up to the museum and went through it. Came home and not 15 minutes later, the sun came out and we didn't get any real measurable rain. Bummer, should have stayed at the zoo. That evening we went to Hong Kong for supper with Chris' family. Came home and had cake. Saturday morning, Grandma and Grandpap came out and picked her up and took her shopping for her birthday gifts. She came home with a whole bunch of stuff and she was one happy girl.
Because her birthday fell on a holiday weekend and so much other things going on, I didn't get a party organized on her birthday weekend. So this last Friday, June 1st, we had a sleepover party with two cousins and a friend. She was so excited. All week she asked "Is today my sleepover?!" And everyday she would get bummed because she had to wait more days. I think this party was by far the best, I even had fun, Chris even had fun! The girls all arrived by 5:30. We had hamburgers and hotdogs for supper. The kids ran around and played, collected bugs, just had a fun time together. Chris got the bb gun out, they played some basketball, we took a tractor ride and picked mulberry's, they stood in the wheat field so I could take their pictures, played some more and then we started the fire. We made smore's and ate lots of marshmallows. Then we dragged out every blanket and pillow we owned and piled it all onto the trailer and had our own drive-in movie. It was pretty cold but with the fire and the blankets, it was a wonderful time. They all had so much fun!! Chris and I had so much fun!! After the movie we all came in and within 10 minutes almost everyone was out (helped that it was well after 11:00). Madi is the exception. She loves having sleepovers but she is the worst one getting settled down and asleep. I thought for sure they would all sleep in. NOPE! 7:00am they were up and going. We made breakfast and they played for awhile, took another tractor ride and then we packed up all their stuff and headed into town. Our last birthday activity was a trip to On the Pot. Madi loves going there, she loves painting. The girls all picked out a piece to make for their Dad's for Father's Day and we spent the next two hours painting. Parents picked up their kids at OTP and I was ready to head home for a nap. Fun time but exhausting!
Here's her birthday pictures, enjoy!!
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!
Love, Mommy
1 comment:
Oh my gosh!!! What a fun party!!! Madi is the coolest girl, ever! :) Glad she had such a great time, it is very hard to believe she is 6!
Post a Comment