Monday, June 25, 2007

Sorry it has been awhile. Madi is one year and a month today. And she has been busy since her first birthday.

Finally got to turn her car seat around this weekend. It's so nice to be able to see her while I am driving and easier to give her things. I think she really likes it. She also had her first boat ride Sunday. Of course I packed everything in the house to take to the lake and forgot my camera. Luckily mom had hers so I will be posting new pics of the big event soon. She had fun watching the waves behind the boat. She did really well with her life jacket, which I was worried about. I have had it out with her toys for a month now so she will get used to it. I have tried several times putting it on her and she hated it, so I didn't think we would ever be able to take her out in the boat. There was no wind at all and the water was like glass so it made for a very smooth first boat ride, which 30 minutes in to, she fell asleep!! Too cute.
Madi finally got her fourth tooth in on top and I think more are coming soon. Her cheeks are flushed and she is drooling like crazy. Now that she has all these new teeth she is finally able to eat table food. She loves hot dogs, lunch meat, chicken, cantalope, watermelon, cheese and bananas. I am having trouble getting her to eat vegetables. She ate carrots okay for about a week and now she doesn't really want to eat any vegetables. I think the texture is just throwing her off, she will still eat the baby food veges, so at least she is getting something.
It seems like she turned one and now she is really changing again. She knows what she wants and is finding her own way of telling me and you can tell she understands when I talk to her. Her new thing is that she will go get a book and bring it to me and then put her arms out and we will sit together and read her books. I ask her if she wants to take a bath and she gets excited and leads me to the bathroom. She will also lead me to her highchair if I ask her if she is hungry. It is a lot of fun staying home and getting to do and experience all these things with her.

This week is a little hectic. I am trying to get things ready for a vacation. I don't know if you can really call it a vacation since I don't work and Chris isn't going with us. But mom and dad and Jason and Tabatha are all taking vacation next week and spending it at the lake. So me and Madi are going out to join them. Chris has Wednesday off and will come out Tuesday night and Wednesday. It would drive me nuts to sit at home all week knowing they are only 30 minutes away. And it will be great for Madi to spend a week with Jason and Tabatha. It's going to be a lot of fun!! Dan and Jane are also going on vacation for two weeks. They leave Friday for California, so we need to do a lot of visiting this week before they go. And Chris' Aunt Joye and Uncle David and his cousins Tyler and Colter are in town this week from Texas, so we want to visit them as much as possible also.

I will have lots of pics to share the next time I post, which will probably be in two weeks. I hope everyone has a great and safe 4th of July!

Love, Amy

No comments: