Thursday, June 14, 2007

VBS went really well last week and I had a lot of fun. I tried putting Madi in the nursery on Tuesday but she didn't last very long. They said she did okay for about 5 minutes after I left and then fussed off and on until they came and found me an hour later. And by then she was in total meltdown. I could hear her crying as they were coming up the stairs. So instead she stayed with Grandma Jane, which I know they both loved.

We also went to the River Festival on Friday with mom. Had a good time. Madi did pretty good but she wanted to get out of the stroller and push. Aunt Beth everybody loved her squeeky shoes!! They are just adorable. And of course Madi loves them also. I put them on for the first time and she just stood there and stomped her feet making them squeek, too funny!! But there was lots to look at and too many food vendors to choose from, and we didn't get our funnel cake. Maybe next year.

Tonight is the NRA banquet here in town. Chris is sponsoring again this year and of course his main goal is to win a gun. Madi is going with us but we will see how it goes, she is much more mobile for this banquet, it may be her last. She gets to sign up for all the kids drawings though, which gives Chris another chance to win a gun!! The rest of the weekend is party time. Patty Helm is retiring from the court house tomorrow and they are having a reception there. And Saturday evening is a party at their house (and we are finding a babysitter so we can have a good time, past 7:00 pm!!) And then father's day is Sunday!!

I almost forgot, we are one step closer to being farmers...Chris bought a tractor last Friday. He was so excited. It is a 1947 Farmall Tractor. I asked if we could paint it green so it would match Madi's new tractor toy she got for her birthday. He said no, at least I tried. Madi and I went out Saturday while Chris was mowing the land and she absolutely loved it. She just sat with Chris and it didn't move but she sure loved turning the steering wheel and being really high up. I got to drive it, it was pretty cool. And then Chris' dad drove it and Madi just loved watching it come close to her. Chris didn't get to drive it much that day, couldn't get Dan off it. I think we also have our house plans finally figured out, but knowing Chris, it will probably change a half dozen more times before it gets built.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads this weekend. Hope you have a great day!!

Love, Amy

No comments: