Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday Update

Well, I spoke too soon on the work being done at the house. We now have electricity, the weather is half way nice, but nobody can get to the house. It is a muddy mess out there. Chris went out Saturday and was able to get the back filling done on the electrical line while the ground was somewhat frozen. And the guy doing the mudding and taping was out this weekend. He was done with the walls and was going to start the texturing of the ceiling on Sunday.

Madi and I went out Saturday after her nap and Chris had to drive us up to the house, it was an awful mess. Of course Madi still managed to get into the mud that was tracked into the house. I need to work on my OCD tendencies of keeping her clean. Especially moving out to the country, she is going to get dirty. But I was in a terrible mood Sunday after leaving the house. Madi was a muddy mess, which made me a mess having to carry her around, and then Chris was a terrible mess. Half the time looking at my house, you wouldn't think I would care about messes. But I hate mud and I hate getting mud on my shoes, in the car, all over the house. I HATE MUD. If I had been a little more prepared at what it was going to be like out there, it would have been different. But as you can see, I had her in khakis and cute clothes, no extra change of shoes for her or me. Oh well, it is something I have to work on.


Madi cleaning.


Living room, kitchen.


Front entrance, hallway.


Our mud bog.

We have a few little things to get done in the next two weeks. The 19th and 20th we will be painting. We can then get the flooring down and from there it should be finish work (cabinets, inside doors hung, trim, bathroom fixtures, lighting fixtures, etc.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris went hunting Thursday morning and got two little deer. He was just going to go hunt out at our land but found out that the extended season did not include our area. So instead he went with his buddy up north first thing Thursday. He was pretty happy. He was kind of bummed that he hadn't got a deer earlier. So this made up for it. He skinned and butchered the meat Friday night. Madi and I went down to the shop and helped out.

Wednesday and Thursday I worked down at the shop helping get all the year end paperwork done. We then did his yearly clean out of the office. We really should do that more often, he just had piles of paperwork, magazines and junk everywhere.

Madi has a cold. She is coughing horribly but luckily it hasn't affected her sleep too much. She is also cutting another tooth. She has an incisor coming in on top and her nose has just been running like crazy. Otherwise she is her old wiry self, running and talking non stop all day.

Have a great rest of the week!
Love, Amy
Posted by Picasa

No comments: