Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Madi's New Do!

Madi got her first pig tails on Saturday. She hated having them done, but she looked so cute. My friend Sherry even tried to paint her fingernails pink but she didn't want to have anything to do with that after having her hair put up. It would have been so much easier if she had had hair when she was little, then she would be used to it by now. But we will have to keep trying to play with her hair until she gets used to it. Her pig tails fell out at nap time and her hair was everywhere. I wanted to just brush it out with some water so it would lay flat. As soon as the water and brush hit her head she freaked out. She did not want her hair put back up.


Momma :(

Sherry: "Do you want to paint your nails with this?"
Madi: "No" (whine,whine)
Sherry: "Look, it's a pretty pink. Do you want your nails to look like this?"
Madi: "No" (whine, whine)
All better now.

I love all the comments about Madi's video. It is so cute to see her dancing. And you should see her now. She is now break dancing on the floor. It is so funny. She'll be dancing along, then she drops to the floor and rolls around, then hops back up and starts dancing. I'm trying to get it on video, hopefully I'll have a new video to post soon. She loves her tractor song though. She asks to play that song at least three times a day. She says, "Momma, ppppp" and then drags me into the kitchen and points to the radio. We even listen to it in the car and she has her head moving and she kicks her feet. She dances to other music but she will stop everything she is doing to start dancing to this song when it comes on the radio.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are still busy at work around here. Yesterday I went to the shop to help Chris get bills paid, payroll done and invoices out. I always think it will just take a couple of hours in the morning and I'll be done, but it always turns out to be an all day job. But it's nice to do something different every once in awhile. I took Madi with me and she played, colored, made a mess of Chris' office, and then watched a movie. But lunch time came and I still had a pile of invoices to finish, so I took her to Jane's. She fed her lunch and put her down for a nap. I'm still slowly getting things packed here at home. (I should be working on that now.)

This weekend Chris worked at the shop, getting trim and the banister stained and polyureathaned. His parents and his brother were there to help all weekend. Madi and I stayed home most of Saturday and then had his parents over for supper. Then Jane took Madi Sunday afternoon while I stayed and helped at the shop. We were done by 1:30 Sunday. It was nice.

Chris and I went out to the house to get Madi's room painted. Once we got there we realized we didn't have any rollers. So her room still needs to be painted. We did manage to spend two and half hours at Lowes though. That place was a zoo. We picked up more cabinets for the back bathroom/laundry room. We are just going to stain them ourselves to match the other cabinets. Chris was busy yesterday afternoon getting all the other finishing stuff ordered. The door knobs, bathroom accessories, sink and faucet for the back bathroom, etc, etc. The carpet in the bedrooms and down the stair case will be layed on March 3. The guys doing the tile should be done by Wednesday or Thursday. Our plumber "friends/acquantinces" flaked out on us this weekend. They didn't even call to tell us they wouldn't be coming out. So, Chris will have to finish up the plumbing. The sewer line from the house to the lagoon is done, so we can hook up toilets now. Our to-do-list is getting shorter and shorter.

Take care!
Love, Amy

------------------------------------------------------------
Did anybody else catch the Bud Shootout Race on Saturday? GO JR!!!!! I am so excited that racing season has started again!

No comments: