We got the flooring done:
We got the cabinets installed:
The lagoon has been dug:
And the appliances were delivered this morning:
1. This week Chris is going to be working on getting the inside doors stained and start staining some trim. He will also probably be working on the banister, getting all the ends cut to fit into the top and bottom rail.
2. The tile for the bathrooms and back area of the house are to be delivered this afternoon. We are hiring a contractor to do the tile work. Our backs and knees are not going to allow for anymore of that kind of work. If they can make it out this week, they should be able to have it done before the weekend.
3. The plumbers are coming back out this weekend to finish getting the drains installed. The guy doing the dirt work is also supposed to finish the plumbing work from the house to the lagoon. Hopefully he can also get that done this week. It would be really nice to get a toilet out there. Once the tile and plumbing are done, we can set the bathroom vanities and get the bathrooms completed.
4. I still need to paint Madi's bedroom. (This is my job for the weekend.)
5. The back door from the garage to the house doesn't fit. So we have to take out a stud and get that completed. Which probably means some touch up in the painting. (I have other touchups to do also.)
6. Chris' guys are out still working on the electrical when they have time to fill up. It's getting there and it looks awesome.
7. On Wednesday, Bell Memorial will be here to make a template for the countertops. Once they get that done, it should be two weeks and they'll be back to install the counters and sink. I can't wait.
We are really getting close to being done. It is looking like we maybe ready to move in within a month. I am still working on getting things packed here at home. It is such a slow process with Madi under foot all day. But I have managed to get a couple boxes done a day. But I really need to kick it in gear. I am so excited about what we have gotten done so far and how everything looks. It is so hard to tell what everything is going to look like in the end, but we have done a great job so far picking the right colors to go with each other. It really does look awesome!! And of course the pictures just don't do it justice. Of course, everyone is invited to come see it at anytime, especially once we move in. I am really looking forward to having people over and having family get togethers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason and Tabatha finally sold their house in Topeka this last week!! They have a really quick move out time of February 14th. This last weekend mom and dad and Tabatha's parents were all in Topeka helping them get things boxed up and ready to move. The bad thing is, their moving isn't going to be done for awhile. Jason is living in an apartment in Wichita for now. They found Tabatha an apartment in Topeka so she could finish out the school year. So next weekend they will be moving Tabatha into her apartment. On Monday they are loading up two moving trucks and moving that stuff to a storage unit in Wichita. Once they find a home in Wichita they'll have to move again. And in May, when school is done, Tabatha will be able to move to Wichita. I think I would be counting down the days for school to be over.
My parents are also kind of in limbo right now. They are going to be doing some remodeling at their house soon as a result of the big flood. They are getting most of their carpet in the house replaced and are going to have to have some walls and probably ceiling replaced in the basement. Crazy times for all of us right now.
Not much going on with Madi lately. She is a jabber box and is really starting to pick up on what everyone is saying and also saying it back. It's also fun right now (well, sometimes it's fun) she is able to tell you what she wants. I can ask her a question and she either says yes or no. Of course most of the time it's no.
"Madi, do you want to go to bed?"-- "No"
"Madi, do you want to eat supper?"---"No"
"Madi, do you want a snack?"---"Yeah!!"
And boy is she ornery and she knows how to push buttons. She also knows when she is doing something wrong. She will look at me to see if I am watching and she will do something like playing in the blinds and then she starts laughing and gets a mischiveous look on her face and does exactly the opposite of what you just told her not to do. I go to move her away from what she is getting into, and she runs away laughing. Very frustrating sometimes. And it is especially nice knowing that this is just the start of it!! But of course, she is also so much fun. Every night after supper, she will play for awhile and then she comes and finds me and says "bass, pleeeease." She loves taking baths. Even if we get home late, like after her usual bed time, we still have to take a quick bath. Otherwise, she will not calm down and go to bed. All she will think of is that she needs to take her bath first. It's actually pretty nice, at least I don't have to fight to get her into the tub.
Of course, she also has her daddy wrapped around her finger. She loves milk and she will usually drink two full glasses of milk before going to bed. When she wants more, she says "Daddy, milk." And will repeat it over and over until he gets her some. Very cute. She usually only says two words in a row, so she doesn't always get the please in there, but she always says "thanks" with a big smile!
Have a great week.
Love, Amy
2 comments:
What is a lagoon? I know they had one on Gilligan's Island, but I have never heard of one at a house. Is that the same as a leachfield?
I'm not sure what a leachfield is, but a lagoon is just a pit with water in it and the waste dumps into it. Like what you see at rest areas, at least in Kansas you see them at rest areas. I like your comment though. I imagine a bunch of palm trees and tropical plants surrounding our lagoon. That would be cool!!
Post a Comment