We had a great Memorial/Birthday Weekend. It pretty much was 4 days of birthday for Madi. She got presents everyday! Friday, Madi and I went to the lake to spend the day with Mom and Dad. They took a couple extra days off and I had everything done at home, so we headed for the lake. It was gorgeous out. Not really hot and no wind. We played around at the trailer and went for a boat ride. Madi is totally in love with the boat this year. Last year she wasn't too sure about it and had enough after 15-20 minutes. But she outlasted all of us. She looks just like Jason and I when we were younger, the closer to the front the better! She also loves the bumps, she had a complete blast in the boat this weekend!
We headed home to have supper with Daddy and Dan and Jane. Chris and I still had not gotten our shopping done for Madi so we left her at Dan and Jane's and ran to Wal-Mart. As we pulled up at their house, she was out front riding her new bike!! Evidently, she found her present early!! She had fun riding with Grandpap and she did really well. She rode that bike for two hours and I had to drag her off of it. It was getting dark and late and she was getting upset and frustrated. It had been a long day and she was exhausted, but didn't want to give up!
Saturday we loaded up and went back out to the lake. Still wasn't windy but it was hot and very busy. We had to play in little spurts and take turns. I am not doing well in the heat this summer, gives me headaches and I feel like passing out. It wasn't even that hot yet, only in the upper 80s. July and August are going to be miserable. Madi did some more bike riding and we went back out in the boat Saturday afternoon and then again in the evening. She again got a couple of presents early. We got her a new life jacket and a fishing rod. It was the only thing she asked for for her birthday, "a fishing rod!"
Came home Monday morning to get things ready for a small get together for Madi's birthday at 5:00. Madi got up from her nap and helped make her birthday cake. She had fun doing that! Then everyone started showing up and she got some more of her presents early. I don't think Papa and Uncle Jon could wait until later, they were too excited! Nana and Papa gave her a big wheeled tricycle. Uncle Jon got her a hot wheels Mustang. Wheels must have been the theme for this year. We had spaghetti and meatballs for supper and cake after. Then we opened the rest of the gifts. She got a lot of clothes and after the third box of clothes she opened, you could tell she was not interested at all. Chris had some shirts printed with our logo on them. She was excited to wear them yesterday. She said "Now I go to work with Daddy and pull wire!" He even had a little onesie printed for the new baby, very cute!! We did our birthday tractor ride and then everybody went on their own ways shortly after. We decided that it is much more fun (even for the adults) to have a bunch of kids running around at birthday parties. So next year, it's on!!
It was a nice weekend and a nice birthday, but I was feeling it yesterday. Thank goodness Madi was in a lazy mood also because that's what we were, lazy, lazy. Bob and Patty came over last night to give Madi her gift. The first two things she pulled out were clothes. I couldn't see her face but I heard her grumble. Until she could see the bottom of the bag and spotted the bubbles, she was much happier. I'm sure all kids grumble for clothes as gifts but I was pretty excited about it!! Thank you everyone!!
Here's our pictures from the weekend.
I had to do my picture roll from the last year. I wasn't going to, but I have to!! I can't believe how much she has changed in the last year. Three years old, it goes by soo fast!
Love, Amy
2 comments:
As always she is beautiful! Her hair is getting so long. Thanks for sharing wish we could have been there. Love and miss you guys!
Wow, it is amazing to watch that picture roll from two to three! I can't get over how much older she looks just since Christmas. She is a cutie.
Post a Comment