There hasn't been a whole lot going on this last week. Last weekend we went to the lake and helped Mom and Dad get the house cleaned up and open for the season. We usually have it ready long before this, but it just hadn't happened yet.
Yesterday, Madi and I went to the zoo in the morning. It was nice and cool out, a little windy, but not bad. It took us about 2 hours to get through and we stopped and had lunch at the cafe there. By the time we left, there were 14 school buses in the parking lot. But the place is still big enough that it sure didn't seem that there were that many kids. The only time we were a little crowded was in the monkey viewing area. After we ate, Madi wanted to go back through the zoo. She is usually ready to leave, so I don't know if she was really having that great of a time or just because there were kids all over the place.
Here are some pics from two weekends ago at Jason and Tabatha's house and from the zoo.
Madi had her 3 year well check this afternoon. She is doing great and she talked up a storm with the doctor. She weighs 37 lbs (93%), 39.5 in tall (92%). Intellectually she is almost at a 4 year old. They checked her blood pressure for the first time and she did great. I really thought she would make a fuss but she didn't. The only thing that made her mad was me trying to take her clothes off. She didn't want to put the shirt on they left for her because it was too big!! I didn't tell her we were going to the doctor today. I just drove there and she thought we were at my doctor. I think it helped because she usually throws a fit the whole time we are there.
We don't have any plans for the long weekend so far. Maybe we will make it out to the lake sometime. We are having a small get together for Madi's birthday on Monday afternoon. I think she would enjoy having all the kids out again, but we will wait another year for a big party again. Next year we can have her birthday the weekend before and it won't fall on Memorial weekend.
Have a great, safe long weekend. Congrats to all the teachers, summer break is here or almost here!!
Love, Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment