Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day #2

We are on Day 2 of no binkie. I had tried to take away the binkie several weeks ago but she went into total meltdown that night and refused to even get into her bed. Since that night she seemed to have gotten even more dependent on the darn thing. She had to have one in her mouth and one in her hand. I also tried just at bed time again and she still got worse about it and wanted them both all the time. Well, Sunday she woke up from nap with two binkies and sometime, some where between 3 and 7 she had lost both of them. I searched and searched the house, the truck, outside, every where. Chris and I both then searched the whole house again. Still no binkies. So at bedtime, I told her they were lost. She did okay, didn't fuss, laid down and went to sleep. Very, very surprised!! Again last night she did very well at bedtime. She asked for her binkies and I said they were lost and she went right to bed. The only bad thing about this is that we have had storms the last couple of nights. Thunder, lightning, and heavy rain. She does pretty well with storms and I think if she had her binkie she would have done better, but she has ended up sleeping part of the night with us the last two nights. So I am really hoping that the weather holds off tonight. I am in need of a good nights sleep. She did fuss a bit this afternoon at nap time but we made a deal, no fussing about not having binkies and she sleeps the rest of the week without them, we get to go to a movie at the movie theatre on Friday! She seemed pretty excited. I hope UP is still playing Friday, that's really the only movie out that she would be interested in. Otherwise, this plan may back fire. Although by Friday, she will probably have forgotten about the movie!

------------------------------------------------------
This weekend we got the deck and stairs built for the pool. It ended up taking all day Saturday. Much longer than we thought but it turned out really nice. I worked in the garden pulling weeds for awhile so by the time Madi got up from her nap, we were all hot and yucky and ready to try out the pool. It had also gotten above 72 degrees in the water, so it was much nicer.

Madi and I got in again yesterday. We got home at 4:00 and the water was 80 degrees!!! So wonderful. We played until after 6 when Chris finally got home. We were waiting on him so he could come in and play too. But by the time he got home, the clouds had rolled in and we could hear thunder. Shortly after we got out the lightning and rain started. But this week will be hot and we will play some more!

Here are some pictures. The first ones are Madi playing out in the rain Thursday afternoon. I can't keep that girl out of the water, she is crazy!! And then the four greats with Grandma Betty. I just realized we should have had Acea in there, that would have been all five of the greats. We had nice visits with Joye and Chantelle and Acea this last week. And then the last pictures are of the storm clouds that rolled in last night and the full rainbow we had out front of the house, very cool!!

Lots of birthday's this week!! Tammy, Peyton, Raelynne, Tommy and Peter. And Happy Anniversary to Walter and Laura!!
Love, Amy


2 comments:

Linda J. said...

Is that first picture really storm clouds rolling in? It looks like a very big trail left by an airplane. Your pictures are great! Very Kansas-like!

The Helm Family said...

Yes!! We were sitting in the living room watching tv and I saw those clouds move in very fast. I jumped up and snapped pictures. I have never seen clouds look like that before, it was really creepy.