Madi is getting excited for the baby to come. She is really excited about being the big sister. She is already helping out and getting the babies room organized. She helped fold all the receiving blankets and burp clothes the other day. She loves to fold laundry, so she is a big help there. When you ask if she is going to help with the baby, she will usually say yes, I'm going to change the poopy diapers. Alright!!!! She has even been practicing with her doll and changing her stinky diaper. We will see when that first diaper comes how long she sticks around to "help"!! But she is soo lovey with other babies, I am anxious for her to have her little brother here all the time.
Went to the doctor yesterday. Everything is still going great! Gained 3 pounds. My blood pressure was a little higher than it has been but still normal 130/84. Babies heartbeat was 145. He is head down. The doctor asked how big was your first? I said 6 lbs 9 oz. And he said, well, you won't be having another 6 pound baby. By the way he is laying and feeling from the outside, he's going to be bigger. Oh well, Madi was 3 weeks early also. So I wasn't expecting to have a baby that small. But let's hope for a 7 to low 8 pounder, that would be great!! I start going weekly now. He wants to keep a close eye on my blood pressure.
Chris got the new furniture done Sunday and moved in on Monday. I went out and got the little odds and ends the last two days to finish it up; lamp, hamper, basket for the diapers. I finally got the baby book, that almost slipped my mind all together. I'm using the same bedding that we made for Madi for now. Later after he gets out of the baby bed I want to do a farm yard/tractor themed room. Mom found some really cute fabric with that theme and is making a blanket and I'm going to get more fabric for a curtain and then go from there decorating the rest of the room later. The walls are bare. I can't find anything I like for a baby birth record sampler and since we still don't have a name picked out (I picked up a book, again, from the library today, hopefully we can get something picked out this week!) I don't have his name on the wall yet.
Saturday we went to Valley Center to have a surprise birthday party for Tabatha. She was surprised!!! She had no idea. Her mom and sister came to take her out shopping and we snuck in after they left to help get everything setup. It was such a gorgeous day, so it was really nice to be outside all day and not dying in the heat. They had a really good turnout.
Tabatha, her mom and sister after pulling up and seeing everyone.
Me and my precious girl.
Madi was taking photos, she did a really good job!!
Nana and Madi.
And of course Jaxson!! He was wiped out and past his bedtime. But he did so well. He went shopping with the girls and then got to meet everyone at the party. I couldn't get enough of that little guy, even when he drenched me in spit up!! I forgot about that fun stuff!
Can you believe this is the last weekend of August? This month went soo fast and again we are having beautiful, cool weather. I was dreading being pregnant during the summer, but it really has been very nice and mild. But does this mean it's going to be a super cold winter? We'll see!
Love, Amy
1 comment:
Wow, Chris has been busy, looks terrific! I can't believe the pictures Madi took! She's a great little photographer. :)
Post a Comment