I have been so frustrated with blogging lately, I just keep putting it off. I have a video from the fair with all three girls doing their pedal pull that I can't get to post. So frustrating, maybe I need to try a new program to make my movies. We've been keeping busy around here, but nothing fun or interesting to really write about. Madi doesn't have a lot of changing going on like she used to when I first started this. I could write something almost everyday when she was a baby. Of course everything was interesting and new going on at that time (at least for me!) It is fun to look back and reread the old stuff. Which is why I started this blog. More for myself to keep track of everything. I'm not a big fan of keeping a diary or a log. You should see Madi's baby book, I am so ashamed at how badly I have done with it. But this seems so much easier.
So, I guess what I am saying is thank you to those who are still checking in even though I have been extremely boring and lazy with this lately. I'm sure things will get better when #2 comes along.
Speaking of #2 (because he still doesn't have a name.) We are getting closer and closer. 5 more weeks!! Next Wednesday is my next appointment and then I think I start going every week. Not sure how those last 4 weeks go since I never made it that far with Madi!! Chris is just convinced that this baby will be coming within the next 2 weeks. Which only means he needs to kick it in gear and get my dresser done (hint, wink). We finally got the baby bed put up this last weekend. I got all of Madi's toys moved out and the baby toys moved in. She still is not happy about losing her playroom. I really don't like having all the toys all the way downstairs either, but it really is the only thing that is going to work. So, she now plays with the baby toys. She's learning how they all work so she can teach the new baby!! I also rearranged the cupboards in the kitchen and got all the baby bottles washed and sterilized and put away. Made a spot for all the formula again and all that fun stuff! Now I just need that darn dresser so I can wash what little clothes I have for him and get that all put away and organized.
It was so nice with the first one because you have baby showers and everything is given to you. You don't have to think about all the stuff that needs to be bought and what you may need or want, someone has already done all that thinking and just gives it to you. I never stressed about what size of clothes I should buy because I had plenty given in every size. However big Madi was going to be when she was born, we were more than covered. But I am so nervous about not knowing with this one, that I can't even bring myself to buy clothes for him yet. I bought a package of onesies a couple weeks ago (0-3) and Madi picked out a pj outfit. Aunt Beth sent four outfits with a newborn, 0-3, and 3-6 sizes and I have a couple of other outfits that I was able to carry over from Madi and then a bunch more clothes that are going to be in storage for awhile. And that is it. I figure, I have something for him to come home in and then we can do some shopping later. I just feel so much more unprepared in some areas this time. And I really didn't think that would happen. It's nice having all the big stuff though. Much less money going out this time around. But I feel so silly at not being able (or wanting) to buy stuff. I have looked at diapers for the last month, every time I go into Wal-Mart or K-Mart, and I can't bring myself to buy any yet. Is that not just the silliest thing ever? I am so weird about things. I figure, that this way, Daddy and Madi can have a special shopping trip together while I am at the hospital and they can pick up diapers and clothes. It will be fun for them to do together. Although, after writing that, I can't imagine Chris going clothes shopping with Madi in tow, that would be a sight to see!!
Okay, so those are some of my apprehensions right now. At least the big ones. I have others. Is it normal to be nervous on the second go around? I keep imagining that I am going to be in the middle of Dillons with a cart load of groceries and my water is going to break. How embarrassing!! I think I will start picking up a roll of paper towels to shop with in case that happens. I don't want someone else to have to clean up after me. "Excuse me, there is a big puddle of water in aisle 11, sorry. And can you please put all my groceries back for me, I'm headed to the hospital now." And I am nervous about delivery. Why shouldn't I be? It hurts and it takes forever. At least the forever part was true with Madi. Maybe I'll get lucky and have a short delivery like others I know (Andrea, Gina, not fair)!!
Enough of all that talk. It's going to make my blood pressure go up and then I won't have to worry about my water breaking in the middle of Dillons because I will be on bed rest again. Oh, that would be terrible with an active 3 year old running around ( I shudder just thinking about that scenario playing out again.)
Last night we went to visit Madi's preschool. We got to meet her teachers and see the classrooms and playground. She was soo excited. We went out and bought her new backpack yesterday morning. I told her it's for school to bring home all her crafts that she is going to make. So before we left, she had to fill it up with all her "craft" supplies and bring it with us. It consisted of paper, crayons, markers and a bowl that we have been using to trace circles with. She then went to her room and brought out an arm load of books to bring along also. She doesn't start until Sept. 10th so we still have some time. Seeing her reaction to the place last night, I think I am going to be the nervous wreck left crying at the doorway. I can already see it, she's going to go bounding in, not even looking back or saying goodbye. Just excited to play with toys and kids. "Mom, mom who? KIDS!!!" But I can also already hear the comments from the teachers. "Well, we didn't have a very good day today, again." "Madi didn't want to share toys. Madi is having trouble being quiet during class time. Madi isn't minding very well." There are draw backs to staying home with mom and mom alone. I am hoping this time will be good to get those socialization skills with other kids and adults in place before going to school full time.
The only other thing that is preoccupying me right now is planning and getting things rounded up for the Yesteryear Museum's Antique Engine and Steam Show. It is coming up on October 10th and 11th. I have probably already talked about this, but mark your calendars! Chris and I are doing the kids area. So I am coming up with crafts and games ideas.
1. I am collecting toilet paper rolls to make windmills out of (save your empties please!!!)
2. I put together a coloring book this week.
3. We went up to the yard waste drop yesterday and started collecting tree branches to make fishing poles out of. We had a terrible storm come through last Monday that tore up a lot of trees in Salina so there is a lot of tree branches available. I'll have to make several more trips, an hour is all I could do yesterday.
4. I then need to get a board painted like an under water scene so the kids can "fish" from it with their fishing poles they just made.
5. I also need to see if I can get some good sized pine cones collected to make pine cone bird feeders. Has anybody seen pine cones falling yet, or trees with pine cones?
6. We will also have the kids making macaroni necklaces. Finally a craft that will be easy to put together!
7. Kids can also play a bean bag toss game. Which the museum already had so that is done, yeah!!
8. Chris needs to make a big table or enclosure that we will fill with shelled corn and have containers and toys to play in.
9. And finally, we are going to have a large pile of hay and throw in some pennies and let the kiddos root around in that. Whatever they find they can keep. That should be a big draw!
A lot of work and planning. Not the perfect year or time to be doing all this since, who knows when I will go into labor and get all this done. But it should be fun and if we only do half of the things that we have planned, it will be 100% better than what was available last year. Since they didn't have any kids stuff last year. Other kids stuff available that weekend will be a tractor pulled barrel train. On Sunday we will have the kids pedal pull. They also have a cake walk for the kids to do and we may get a popcorn or cotton candy machine out there this year. And then plenty of interesting and fun things for the adults and all the family. We are still having show committee meetings and getting everything ironed out. So I will keep you updated and informed. We would love to see as many people come out as we can.
Have a great weekend, it's almost here!!!
Love, Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment