On Monday the 27th we went to McPherson to the water park with Gina, Kenley and Kaleb. Of course Madi had a blast. She loves swimming and I love their water park. Even though she can't have her water wings on, it doesn't really matter because they have the zero depth entry so she can play all she wants and swim around in water that isn't constantly over her head. They also have a little kids slide that I couldn't get her off of. We also played in the splash park and took a ride down the lazy river. Both girls wanted to go down the really big slide. But you have to be a certain height to go on and of course they were both inches too short. Kenley stood at the measuring line first and we said oh darn your too short Kenley and then Madi got up there and she was just under the line and I look down and the little smarty pants is standing on her tip toes as high as she can to try and make that line. It was way too funny. But surprising they were just fine with it. Next year they will be big enough. Hopefully we will be making another trip to the water park this weekend. (Andrea, if you guys are still up for it, Sunday would be great!!)
We have been having trouble getting our pool clean and free of algae the past couple of weeks. That week that it rained every night and was cool during the day, we just weren't using it and the chlorine levels got away from us. It didn't matter what I did, we could not get it cleaned up. Plus all the plowing going on around us and not having it covered, really made a mess of it. So we finally decided to just drain it, clean it really good and start over. We started syphoning it out on Friday night and still had a good amount of water in it Sunday night. It took us another 3 hours with a bucket bailing and the shop vac pumping it out before we finally got all the yuck out. My wonderful husband had the tough job of scrubbing the bottom and getting all the algae off. And finally got water pumping back in just after dark. Even though it was still a little cold, we were able to finally use it again Monday night and had a lot of fun. So, the pool is open again for anyone to come play. July has been so mild and rainy that we really weren't able to use it anyways. But it looks like August is going to make up for it and hopefully we can enjoy it again for awhile before we close it down.
Saturday we went to Goessell, KS for their Threshing Days event at the Mennonite Museum. It's a lot like our Fall Festival at the Flywheels Museum so we wanted to go and get some ideas and see other peoples events to help make ours better. They had a really nice setup and grounds for it. But I think it helps when the whole town gets involved (especially since it is a really small town.) They had a parade which went the whole length of town. Madi was super excited. She loves parades and candy. She made some friends with two other little girls who were next to us. They shared their blanket and they played and collected candy together. It was really nice. We then tagged along with them to the kids area. Madi rode in their wagon with the girls and somehow managed to lose a shoe along the way. Poor kid had to walk around in the wet grass and mud with only one shoe on. Of course I was a mess. We ended up leaving and driving to Emporia to Wal-Mart to buy new shoes (two pairs, just in case). We then went back to the show. They had the Oliver Tractor club there. These are really nice tractors and you don't see them around here very often. So it was really cool to see all these Oliver tractors coming down the parade route. I got some great ideas that I am going to have to steal for our kids area at the Fall Festival. They had some really cute craft projects for the kids, which I hadn't even thought about doing something like that. I was just trying to come up with games for the kids to play. But we are definitely going along with the craft projects, they were super cute, easy and very low cost to setup. If anyone would like to help out, I am collecting empty toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls until the first week of October. Then I can decide if I get enough collected if we can make the windmills out of them.
Tonight starts our Tri-Rivers Fair. The parade starts at 5:30 and we are looking forward to that. Chris is going to drive his John Deere in the parade. This will be his first time in the parade and he is excited. He went out last night and bought a whole new outfit just for this. He is too funny. We also got Madi a new pair of cowboy boots and she had to put her cowgirl outfit on last night like Daddy did. She even found her a long string that she was doing rope tricks with!
Tomorrow night is the kids pedal tractor pull. Madi wanted to do this so badly last weekend but the program said it was for 4-12 year olds. But when we went to watch they had kids as young as 1 1/2 entered. She was not happy that she didn't get a turn. So we have to get her entered for tomorrow night. It should be cute to watch. Hopefully she will be satisfied with her one chance and we don't have a huge meltdown getting her off the thing!
Friday night is the demo derby and we would like to take Madi to that. I think she would like it. Of course they will also have the petting zoo and all the 4-H animals on display. We might try the rodeo. We did the draft horse show last year and there was not enough to keep her attention, so I think we will skip that this year. Saturday, all the guys will have their tractors out again to display and the Museum group is doing an old fashioned hay bailing demonstration. So it will be a busy fair weekend. I'll have lots of pictures of course and will share those next week!
Here's Chris in his new duds!!
And Madi in her new boots showing off her rope tricks!! I just love her in a skirt and cowboy boots, it is just too cute!
I forgot about my monthly checkup this morning. I was paying bills and got to the Doctor bill and it hit me that I had an appointment this morning. Of course I remembered with 10 minutes to get there, we were late by 10 minutes. But we no more than sat down and they called my name and the doctor pretty much followed us right in and we were out in 10 minutes. Maybe it doesn't pay to be early to everything all the time!!
But everything is still going good. I gained 4 pounds, blood pressure 127/78 still great and the baby's heartbeat was 145. I go back in 3 weeks for some more tests and then another two weeks and we start checking my cervix and see how far along we get.
I checked my ticker yesterday and couldn't believe there are only 52 days left until my due date. It is going so fast. Chris started on the dresser Sunday. Hopefully he can get that done next week. I finally got all the toys moved down stairs yesterday and have an empty room except for the bookshelf and a few baby toys that will stay. I want to get the baby bed put up so Madi can get used to seeing it in there and knowing that that is now the baby's room. She is still a little upset about losing her playroom and insists that the baby should go downstairs, not the toys. I finally bought a package of onesies for him Monday!! It's the first thing I have bought. Madi also picked out a sleeper outfit and stuffed Pooh for him. She was so proud of herself! I looked at diapers today but couldn't bring myself to buy any yet. It's been so nice not to buy diapers and there is definitely not been a long enough reprieve from that in between these two!
I've been feeling pretty good. I've been getting really tired again and taking naps in the afternoon (when I don't get stuck on the computer! Dang Facebook is so addictive!) I've been having some sharp pain in my upper abdomen from I can only imagine something being pushed into my ribs. It is very sore and very bothersome sometimes. He is very active at night and whenever I am trying to rest, which is a little annoying because he really gets to moving. Every night for the last two weeks, I wake up to him kicking and hitting at the same time on both sides of my belly. Feels very weird. He also has taken residence again on my bladder which makes me feel like having to go to the bathroom all the time. Yesterday I had to remind myself that I don't really have to go again since I just came out of the bathroom not 5 minutes before that.
I need to get some things rounded up and get ready to head to town for the parade in a couple of hours. Hope everyone has a great fair weekend!!
Love, Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment