Evan is sitting up really well now, for all of 10 seconds, when he immediately goes to his tummy and off moving. Still no crawling, but he is really good at army crawling. He gets where he wants to and fast. He is even venturing off of the rug and out of the living room. He doesn't get too far though because he gets quite the drool puddle in front of him and then he just slips and slides around. But when he does get moving, he does a nice job of mopping up!!
Last Friday (16th), he got his second tooth in, YAY!! Bottom right side. He was very fussy the couple days before so I am sure he was happy to get that pushed through (as was I!) He also made his first trip to the lake house this last weekend. Madi, Evan and I went out with my Mom and Dad to get the yard cleaned up of all the leaves. This is always a major chore every year. It took us about 5 hours to get it done. Madi was a big help. She would help a little and then go and entertain herself for awhile. And Evan was a trooper. We set up his pack and play on the deck and he watched us and played. He did a great job as well. Turned out much better than I had hoped. Now we just need to help get the inside cleaned up and we will be ready for some lake time. Madi wants to get in the boat so bad! And Uncle Jason, she wants to go swimming in the lake with you!!
Evan has gone through all the vegetables and fruits and seems to like them all. Next up is the meats and then we can start on the combos. He's a great eater and it's starting to show! He's filling out really well now. And he loves watching us eat also, he wants at our food so badly. Last night, Chris was plowing a section of the field back by the trees, we went out and brought supper and had a nice little picnic. But we all had to eat fast because Evan was clawing at our food. He did manage to get a large handful of Madi's sandwich. And once we were done he found the grass and dirt and got a nice mouthful of that, YUCK!!!
I'm going to have another water baby on my hands. He started out slow in liking baths but he loves them now. If I get Madi's bath started first he gets really excited and tries to launch himself out of my arms to get in. Then when we walk away, he gives me this sad look. Very cute!! He likes playing or maybe just chewing, on the tub letters and toys. And he has started splashing around. I love that my kids like taking baths, one less thing to fuss and fight about! Half the time Madi's begging to get into the tub, but 4:00 in the afternoon just isn't a great time of day for a bath!
This may sound funny but Evan reminds me of a dog :)!! You know how you get home after a crappy day at work and you walk in the front door and your dog is jumping at you to greet you and it makes you feel like you are the greatest thing ever? That's what Evan does for me. He is always smiling and he has the greatest smiles ever!! And if he is playing on the floor and I leave the room for a couple minutes and come back, he immediately stops what he was playing with and gives me that big smile and starts crawling towards me as fast as he can. Such a great feeling. I love that little guy more than I can say!! Madi's a little charmer too, but she can flip the switch in a second and be a little pill. But that's a 3 year old. I know Evan's time will come too, it's a part of growing up.
Speaking of growing up, Madi starts gymnastics tonight!! I don't know who is more excited, me or her. Probably me right now because she doesn't really know what gymnastics is. But I think she is really going to like it. I'm looking forward to see how she does and interacts with others. She must be doing really well in school because the teachers haven't said anything. But I can sit in the bleachers and spy on her tonight. I can't do that at school. ;)
Madi has a busy month coming up until the end of school. She has the "Happy Bear" program tomorrow. A zoo field trip on the 27th. A class picnic on the 4th. Graduation is on the 11th and then the last day of school is the 13th. She has gymnastics for the next five weeks which takes her up to the same week as school is over. Then I need to find her some more activities for the summer to do!
I've already started planning her 4th Birthday Party!! Yikes, talk about time flying! We are going to celebrate her birthday on the 22nd of May (save the date!) It's going to be a fun party!!! We didn't do a kids birthday party for her last year because I felt funny about having a birthday party every year and didn't want people to feel like they have to come and bring gifts. But it was just not as fun. Plus it left all of us adults to entertain when we really just wanted to sit and watch the kids play. And Madi would much rather have kids to play with. So, this year we are doing a party again. Please don't feel obligated to bring presents just come and have fun!!
I will update (hopefully) with pictures tomorrow of the big gymnastics night!! I will leave you with some pictures from the last couple of weeks, Enjoy!
Love, Amy
Evan gets so excited watching Madi ride her bike, so we got the wagon out and he had his first wagon ride. Of course, it wasn't a solo ride for long and Sissy jumped in to ride.
Easter egg hunt!! She had a hunt at Dan and Jane's that morning and then she had a hunt at Mom and Dad's. She had so much fun that Mom and I and Madi took turns hiding eggs about a gazillion times and finding them again. But she couldn't resist telling us where they were hidden, no matter how many times we told her to be quiet and let the other person find them!!
Evan enjoying his Easter basket.
Playing in the field and woods last night.
Picnic supper! So much fun, but a little windy.
No comments:
Post a Comment