Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Madi!!

Happy Birthday to Madi!! I can't believe she is 4 years old. How can time possibly move that quickly? It just doesn't seem possible.

Saturday was the big birthday party day!! We had so much fun and hope everyone that came had fun also.

The week before was supposed to be my busy week getting everything done for the party. I had so many ideas and things I wanted to get done. But life got in the way, and that's okay. Both kids had fevers all week. Monday night Madi came down with something and by Tuesday morning Evan had it. Neither one broke their 102 degree temps until Thursday afternoon. What a week. So, not everything happened and some things were rushed but the party turned out great and I'm glad I didn't do everything that I had thought of. It would have been WAY too much for a bunch of kids that just wanted to run around and play together.

So, here are some of the things we had at our Snow White themed party:

Since Madi isn't a girly girl and doesn't go for the frills of princesses (she's getting better but she is still my little tom girl) I decided to use the colors from Snow White's dress; Red, Yellow, and Blue.


Birthday banner.


And cupcakes, YUM!! I love my cricut, it makes it so easy to make things like the banner and the cute cupcake toppers!

I also went with the dwarf part of the movie and we had mini foods. Our menu consisted of sliders, little smokies, baked beans, mini carrots, cherry tomatoes, and celery sticks, dip, chips, macaroni salad and macaroni and cheese. I made cupcakes and also a small sheet cake. Of course I always make enough to feed an army because I am so afraid of running out of food.

After we ate, a party or any kind of gathering at our house is just not complete without a tractor ride. We can pretend we were going to the mine to work!! We whistled!





I took Madi's wagon and filled it with play sand and hid large plastic jewels from the craft department (the kind that you would put in the bottom of a flower arrangement) and gave them shovels to dig around and find jewels. Easy and pretty close to mess free.



Then all the little girls came in and did a craft. They had so much fun decorating their little mirrors with stick on jewels. Turned out very cute and was fast and easy.





After doing our girly craft we went outside and had so smash something. The pinata that is!! Each kiddo got to take a whack at the indestructible apple pinata. I made the pinata a little too thick because I was panicking and didn't think I would get it done in time. So if you make a pinata, three layers of paper and glue, two layers of spray paint and a layer of tissue paper on top of that will not make an easily breakable pinata. And the older boys whacked it so hard that a lot of the toys and candy inside got a little mangled! But they all had fun and had their personalized little bags to collect their goodies.



We then opened presents and had cake!!




Thank you to everyone who came and celebrated with us.

Since we celebrated early we wanted to make sure that today we actually celebrated her birthday. Not that she has any concept of what the actual date is. But we had a Madi day today. We went to the library and played and checked out books. Went to Pizza Hut and had lunch with Nana. Drove by the water park to see their progress. Played in the sprinkler this afternoon. She got to pick where she wanted to go for supper. She picked Grandma Max's so she could have pancakes (her favorite). We then went shopping and she picked out her present. It was a great day!! Happy Birthday my sweet girl, we love you so very much!



No comments: