First of all, I love spring. I love everything about spring. Except maybe allergies, but so far so good this year! And one of my favorite holiday's is May Day. Okay, I don't think it is actually a holiday but it should be. So, last week we spent the whole week making our May Day baskets. I remember making these as a kid and leaving them on the neighbors door steps. Ohhh, so much fun. And I want Madi to experience these fun times too. I think May Day is a lost day, not many people do this anymore and if I could have and had enough time, I would have made May Day baskets for every person I know. Saturday morning we got up and around and were leaving the house to deliver our baskets and surprise to us, Daddy decided to go with us!! Such a huge treat because lately he has been spending every free minute on the tractor (more on that one later)!! So, Chris and Madi did our "ding and dash". I think Chris had as much fun doing that part as I did making the baskets and flowers!! They hung the baskets on the door and then rang the door bell or knocked and then Chris picked up Madi to get her off the steps quicker and they both ran for the van, with big eyes and grins and giggles!! What a wonderful way to start the day! I hope everyone enjoyed their baskets and made their day brighter and happier too. Next year maybe we will have to start on April Fools Day making our baskets so everyone can get one.
Madi painted and decorated the vases. Then she filled them with candy. She also did the first couple of steps with the origami flowers and then I finished them. They turned out really pretty. I wanted to use lilacs but they were about a week and half early on their blooms and were already done.
Hanging and dinging at Bob and Patty's house.
And dashing away. We were so proud of ourselves that we got away without being caught until a couple of hours later when we found out they were still out of town. Haha, no wonder we didn't get caught :)!!
Then, Saturday afternoon, we headed for the lake. Mom and Dad were out finishing getting the lake house cleaned and ready for the summer. Unfortunately we arrived when all the cleaning was done (sorry!) But we made it in time to take the first boat ride of the season. And for Evan's very first boat ride!! Madi LOVES the boat and was so excited!! Plus we had the most gorgeous, calm day to be out. Evan did really well. He didn't like the life jacket but the silly one we have (hand me down from Madi, excuse the pink and flowers on my little man!) rides up and makes it almost impossible for him to sit down without it being up to his ears. And then by the end of his first outing he was so hungry, he cried all the way into the boat slip. But he drank a quick bottle while the guys got the boat ready to be stored and Mom had to take Madi on a quick trip up the hill to the bathroom. And then he was happy and flashing his infectious smile!! We spent the rest of the evening playing and had supper before heading home at dark. Very, very fun day. I love going to the lake. And this summer should be really fun with Madi because she can ride her bike around and play and be a little more independent. Looking forward to it!
Enjoying the first boat ride.
Full belly=Happy Boy!
On Sunday, we spent the afternoon in Valley Center celebrating Jaxson's 1st Birthday. I can't believe he is already one!! And we had another fun day. Madi got to play with Ella and Ava and it was nice visiting and seeing the Beloit group. Jason and Tabatha put on a great birthday party with good food and cake. And of course watching the kids play was great entertainment.
Messy Jaxson!!
Evan hanging out outside.
Very tired Jaxson with Papa, fresh out of the bathtub!
Jaxson's wagon that Madi couldn't wait to get into. And his new favorite thing, ball! He loves balls!
Friday night (I'm going backwards, but technically, Friday night was still April, so it's allowed, hehe!) the guys FINALLY finished the tractor restoration!! Yay!!! It's not that it took a long time, because of course it didn't, just about two months. But because Chris was trying to get it done for this weekends tractor drive, it had Chris' total attention and all of his free time for the last two months. It hasn't been fun and since we have been spoiled with his attention for the rest of the weekend, Madi has been very clingy and would not let him out of her sight for long on Saturday and Sunday. But it is done and they did a wonderful job. Dan is putting together a book with pictures and other info on the tractor that they will take with them to shows and parades and whatever else. So, Saturday is the tractor drive. Chris and Dan are busy today getting four tractors taken out to Dauer Implement (the start of the drive). Dan will drive the H they just restored, I'll drive my little 300 (so excited!), and Chris will drive his John Deere. Chris is also taking the tractor that is currently being restored that we are selling chances to win for the Fall Show at the Flywheels. But more info and pictures on our next busy weekend for next week's post!


Madi is finishing her first year of preschool. It's been play day every day this week and next. Tuesday they had outdoor activities and played and then at 10:00 parents came back and had a picnic lunch with the kids. It was very windy that day! And Thursday was pajama day. They wore their pj's to school and watched Madagascar. They had an obstacle course they went through and then they played with shaving cream and face painted themselves with washable markers. It was quite the sight seeing all these 4 and 5 year olds leaving school. And it was a good thing I didn't have any errands to run afterwards, we would have gotten quite the looks! Madi just had to leave it on also until Daddy got home to see it. Which made it even harder to get off later. But she was so proud of her new look!
I didn't think about it before Chris got home, but we have been trying to get Madi to NOT draw on herself with pen and markers. But it's okay I guess if she does it at school! Oh well, hopefully she understood that this was a fun thing to do only that one time. YEAH RIGHT, she's three, there is no understanding about things like this!!
Beautiful!!
I must get busy. The kids and I are going to the lake to spend the night and they are going to stay with Nana and Papa while we are on the tractor drive tomorrow. It is supposed to be very cold. Good thing I didn't put all the winter clothes away yet! Come back next week to see all of our fun we had.
Happy Mother's Day Sunday!!
Love, Amy
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day Amy! Thanks for the pictures and updating your blog with all the goings on. I love hearing about the kids. Hope to see you guys sometime this summer. Love, Aunt Beth
Post a Comment