Monday, August 23, 2010

First Haircut

This will be a quick post with some pictures from this last week. I have so much to do and to get ready for **drumroll** our VACATION!! That's right, I finally wore Chris down and he surprised me Thursday night by coming home and saying we are out of here!! (Friday that is)

Actually, the conversation went like this:
Chris: "Pack up we are going on vacation."
Me: "Please, I could only wish"
Chris: "No, seriously, pack up we are going on vacation"
Me: "Yeah right, don't tease me"
Chris: "Really, we are going to Yellowstone next Friday"
Me: "YES!!!" stress and panic hit me like a ton of bricks

This couldn't be the worst timing ever. We have show meetings, school meetings, I have TRB training, family pictures are scheduled at the church, I signed up to make desserts for the auction at church, not to mention all the planning and prep for Evan's birthday. But, I have been harping at Chris forever about taking time away from work and getting away. So, I better not complain, it might be another 4 years before we get to do this again!

Back to my post. Friday Evan got his 1st haircut!!! It was hanging over his ears and getting long in the back and he just needed to have it trimmed up and not look so shabby. But he now looks so much more grown up. I can't believe how much it aged him. He is so stinking cute and I really don't want him to turn 1!! Why do they have to grow up so fast. And the second child feels like it is going faster than the first :( Just not fair.

He sat in the chair all by himself like a big boy! He didn't want to wear the cape so he was covered in hair.






So sweet!


I love this one. Lounging and hanging out!!

Just this last week Evan has become quite the little monkey. He wants to climb on everything. And it was so cute, when we got home from haircuts, I was folding laundry and as soon as the basket of clothes came out, he was climbing in. And he just sat there on top of my laundry. I had to yank everything out from underneath him. Once the basket was empty, he climbed back out and found something else to play with.




But he must get from his sister, as you can tell, she also likes to play with the baskets!



Madi also got her haircut Friday. Getting all these things done before school starts in a couple weeks.

"Madi, smile so I can get a picture of your new haircut."


"Huh?"


"No, smile so I can have a nice picture."


That's better!


Then she steals the camera and I download a dozen (mostly blurry) of her making silly faces.


Saturday we went over to Ellsworth with Chris' cousin Mike and Gina and Kenley and Caleb to their Cowtown Days. What an outstanding event. So family and kid friendly. We all had so much fun. They blocked off the whole downtown area down to the Cowtown Museum. They had a parade, a sand pile filled with coins that the kids dug around in and collected, pedal tractor pull, inflatables, water balloon races and games, bob for apples, floating boat races, barrel train ride, a carousel and so much more. The food vendors had really reasonably priced food, they had people strolling around handing out free water, they had a ping pong ball grab. That was really fun. A lineman got up in his bucket truck about two stories up and dropped a box of ping pong balls down onto the kids below. Each ball had $1 or $.50 written on it. The kids collected as many balls as they could and then cashed them in. (SHHH, don't tell anyone) but Chris helped out our little girls. I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to collect as much as they did without his help. And Madi's favorite part of the whole day, they opened the fire hydrant and put out a fire hose with a sprinkler on the end and everybody got to play in the water. Madi would have been content just doing that the whole day. She was soaked!! But it was nice to get cooled down, it was in the 100's again Saturday.


All that fun, she crashed hard on the way home!!

Must get busy, that turned out longer than I thought it would. We will be back on September 6. Looking forward to the 70 degree weather in Wyoming. I plan on bringing it back with us too. I am ready for fall!!

Love, Amy

1 comment:

Linda J. said...

I love the pictures. Evan does look older with his cut, but he is still a cutie. He looks so much like his dad at that age! Oh my. I can't wait to meet him. I am so excited about coming next month. Enjoy Yellowstone!