Tuesday, August 3, 2010

July

August already! Where has this summer gone? Where did July go and where was I?

Craziness, absolute insanity is really the only way to describe our summer so far. And because it has been so totally crazy busy, I just haven't had time (or taken the time) to sit down and update my blog. Sorry blog readers.

And the worse part of all of this, I don't have very good pictures to share this month. It is so hard to get pictures taken especially when we are out and doing things because I usually have an arm load and trying to keep Madi corralled. I usually remember afterwards! Oh well!

So to start off the month we had our BIG 4th of July party. And was it ever big!! The Sunday before, Chris and I spent the day running all over Kansas, hitting every fireworks stand. I tease but it really was fun. We don't get much time just the two of us and we really did have fun. The back of the van was completely loaded. We had to head home and unload before we could get the kids, we just could not cram them in there, there was no room. If you haven't been able to tell from the last two years, we both enjoy the 4th. Again Chris went over board and I cooked enough food to feed an army. Which was good, because we ended up having an army of people here...90!! But I wouldn't change a bit. Well, maybe next year we might have to go potluck, that was a ton of food to prepare. And I had so much fun with my decorations and food but of course, no pictures. Maybe next year!


We went out two more times after this pic and bought more!! Chris is such a pyro!!

Evan did great with the fireworks as long as he was at a distance. The loud ones scared him and he wasn't too sure about them. And of course Madi and the rest of the kids could care less about the fireworks! They watched periodically but spent the majority of the time running around and playing together. The guys shot everything off but a small box of the little novelty stuff. Every time we are in the shed Madi goes through the box and picks out the fireworks that she wants to shoot off that night. Very cute, she is going to be just like her Daddy!

Madi has had a busy summer so far with extra activities. She's been doing gymnastics again all summer and is still loving it. So sad to see they don't offer it in the fall or winter. She was also supposed to do dance but we went once and she totally refused to even go in and try it. Which was amazing! She is supposed to start dance classes in September, but we will see if that happens or not. She has also enjoyed some nature walks put on at the Lakewood Discovery Center. Each week was a different theme and they went out and walked on the trails, they did some craft projects and had snacks that went along. I think her favorite was the fish day. They actually went down to the lake with fishing poles and tried to catch fish. I don't think any of the kids actually caught anything, the teacher did. But the class was only an hour and a half so I'm sure they weren't there long. But she still talks about that class. We also did a couple of the summer movies at the movie theater. We took several different cousins with us and had a really good time.

Evan has been doing great this summer as well. He is such a doll, full of smiles. And he just melts my heart when he gets so excited to see me. He is cruising everywhere and getting in to everything. I need to rearrange my kitchen cabinets because that is his favorite place to play any more. In the last two weeks he has finally gotten some new teeth in. 3 on top and 1 on the bottom. He had a good check up last month. He weighs 21 lbs (62%) and 29.8 in long (90%). Still growing like a weed but very healthy. He isn't taking his Zantac anymore for the acid reflux, it seems he has out grown that, which is great. He did have an ear infection a couple of weeks ago. We did antibiotics and went back 2 weeks later. It wasn't inflamed but still had fluid on the ear drum. So she put him on Zyrtec until his year checkup and then see how it is doing. I like it much better than Benydryl, that stuff just knocked him out.

Evan is drinking out of his sippy cup really well. And since he has some new teeth he has been able to start eating some snacks and regular food which I am super excited about. He loves graham crackers and Nilla wafers, chicken, green beans, hot dogs, pretty much anything you put in front of him! I am so ready to be done with baby food and formula. I feel like I spend half of the day feeding some one because it is so hard to feed him at the same time as we eat. So, it will be great when I can make one meal and feed everyone at the same time. Evan is jabbering a lo now. Mostly just sounds, screams (wonder who he learned that one from!) and razzes. But he also started saying Mama. It's few and far between but he does say it. Usually when he is fussing and when he was waking up in the middle of the night. His cries would turn into "Mamamama!" Which of course made it even harder to ignore. But we finally got there. I feed him his bottle and then lay him down. He screams, REALLY screams, for about 2 minutes and then he is done and out for the night. So wonderful! And I am slowly moving it up closer and closer to 9 when I am able, which is also wonderful. Now just to get Madi closer to 9 would be heaven. I'm hoping the time change this fall will help (fingers and toes crossed)! Bedtime is still such a nightmare with her, UGH!

Chris has been so incredibly busy with work this summer. Summer is usually his busy time and we have been so fortunate to have remained busy this year. But he is also busy with his other projects. The show tractor for the Flywheels Fall Show in October has kept him busy. We finally got the tractor back to us, done and ready for shows the second week of July. Just the day before we made our first trip out with it on the 17th. We loaded up early and was on the road at 6 am to go to Meriden, KS. A two hour drive, just north of Topeka. It was so hot that day. But the kids were amazing. I was dreading it, knowing that it was going to be miserable and with no way of getting out of the heat. I was not expecting them to be as good as they were, but I am sure they were affected by the heat just as much as we were and there really was no energy spent on being fussy. It was a very quiet 2 hour drive home! We had planned on going to some other shows, one being this weekend. But just not sure if we want to sit in the heat again all day.


The show tractor in Meriden.

We are both on the committee for the Fall Show and have meetings every other week getting things ready and ironed out for the show. Chris is doing his tractor and then getting sponsors. I am doing the kids craft and play area again this year. We are also trying to get an Educational Day for Friday before the show for area school kids. So we may be doing something then also.

I have just been busy trying to keep up with everyone else and getting them where they are supposed to be with what they need. That's a full time job anymore. Chris is getting so frustrated because I haven't been able to make it to the shop on a regular scheduled day and keep up with the paper work. I am seriously thinking I need to find a baby sitter for one day a week. But that's not as easy when everyone works or has full daycare. We are still pondering the solution to this one :( And I can't believe it, but I am actually starting to work on Evan's birthday party. I can't believe we are getting so close to him being one, makes me very sad. But it's going to be a great party and I will definitely have pictures!

The rest of the summer is going to be busy. Tomorrow we are going to be in the fair parade. Chris is going to drive the show tractor and pull the wagon behind full of some very excited kids! I am going to walk and hand out candy. Thursday is the kids pedal pull and then we are going to go ride rides with Kenley, Mayci and Carly. Lots of fun!! We have several other tractor shows on the schedule, and we'll see if we make it. School orientation this month for Madi. Hopefully it won't be another month before I update again ;) No, tune in next week, I will have some cute pictures of a bunch of little cowgirls!

Enjoy the pics that I did manage to get this month!!
Love, Amy


Evan loves riding around in the Pink Stang.


Madi waiting to take first place in her pedal pull in Meriden!!


My cutie hanging out in the heat.


Chris thought Madi needed to learn to ride with no training wheels. The training wheels are back on by the way (that's how well that worked out!)


Evan loving the bubbles!


Such a great picture. She loves him, usually too much and too hard though. But no matter what, he follows her around everywhere and she gets all the kisses.

1 comment:

The Gengler's said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that last picture of Madi and Evan!!!!!! I need a copy, please! They are so cute, and you can see she does love him more than anything and he's going to be one tough dude because of it, ha ha. ;)