Tuesday, September 4, 2007

We finished the second bathroom this weekend. It took all three days to do, but we finally got it done. I need to put the accessories up and Chris needs to put a new supply line on the toilet and it will be done. What a sense of accomplishment, getting the two biggest projects done.

Finally rescheduled Madi's baptism for September 30 at 8:25am at First United Methodist Church. Anyone that would like to attend is more than welcome. Let me know and I will make sure to save enough seats for everyone. I think afterwards we will probably just go out to eat and celebrate.

Not much else going on. Chris and I had an evening out Sunday. We went to Bellville and watched the races. Had a great time and saw some good racing. We haven't been to the races since before Madi was born, so it was a nice treat. I couldn't believe all the people that bring their little ones to the races, like less than a year old. Not for me!! Even at Madi's age now, I would never be able to get her to sit or be content for that long of a time.

Madi still has a cough and runny nose. But she is sleeping well and she isn't cranky anymore so that's a plus.

We are still waiting to hear about our loan from the bank. Once we get the okay, we will start with the sewer part of it. We have to do a ground test to see if we can do a septic tank or a lagoon. It will more than likely be a lagoon, the neighbors weren't able to do a tank, so it shouldn't be any different for us. Then we dig the pit, put up fencing, run the main lines and we can start on the dirt work and basement. Our basement contractor can start in two weeks. So, once we get this started, we will be pretty busy for the next several months. We are going to have someone do the basement, framing, plumbing, heating/air and drywall. The rest we will be doing ourselves.

Short week!!! Have a great one.

Love, Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crapy...you all have been busy!!! The bathroom looks GREAT! And poor baby (and mommy of course) for a rough night!! Hey, you aren't a bad mommy...just one who needs some rest!!! No shame in that. I hope you get the loan and things go nice and easy.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add...where did you guys sit at Belleville??? Darwin was there in our usual spot and he said he didn't see you?? Did you sit off turn 4 or turn 1? Dang, i would have gone just to come see you guys.

The Helm Family said...

We sat in turn 4, and I almost called you Saturday to see if you were going. Now I wish I had!!