Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Little Bit of Everything

Another Christmas day has come and gone. It's been a busy last two days. We spent Christmas Eve day with my family and opened gifts that evening. We then had our own Christmas at home. We quickly left and opened gifts and had lunch with Chris' parents and brother. Madi took a nap and we headed to see his grandparents. At 5:00 we then made it back to my parents house to visit awhile before finally heading back home to a very messy house and one tired, cranky baby. All in all it was a great Christmas.

Madi is still not quite into opening gifts yet. We ended up opening about half of them. She just can't sit still long enough to realize what is going on, plus everything is in boxes and it takes me forever to get it open. By the time I get all 25 of the twisty ties off of a baby doll or farm set, she has lost interest. I think next year, all of her gifts will be opened and assembled and then wrapped in a new easy open box. It has to be easier that way, right? The only thing that did keep her attention was all the candy she received. I think her Christmas day diet consisted of smarties, cookies, chocolate candy, a few bites of ham and mashed potatoes and two bananas. If I wasn't so worried about her ever pooping again, she would probably eat bananas for every meal, she loves them.

Chris and I also decided last night, after seeing the pile of presents and wondering what we are going to do with everything, that next year we should go together and get something we really want or need. It sure is silly buying gifts just to buy gifts. Neither one of us had any idea what to get each other this year. Chris has everything under the sun and I don't do anything that doesn't revolve around Madi, so I don't need anything. I was more excited about the new digital camera that I got Chris than anything. I may have to get me a new one.

I love my digital SLR camera but it is so big and cumbersome sometimes that I just don't take it with me everywhere. For example, I have no pictures of Madi's baptism because I didn't want to ask someone to take pics with my big old camera. So, I got Chris a Sony Cybershot camera. It is so small and the coolest part is, it is a 12.1 mega pixel camera!!! That is twice the resolution of my camera and about 10 times smaller. I can't wait to see what the pics look like once they are downloaded. And it also takes movies, which is so cool, I can now take movies of Madi and download them onto my computer and blog!!! So excited and it isn't even my camera!!! That's why I may need to get my own. The other cool thing about it...it was free. How you ask? We have a Sony credit card that gets used for a majority of Chris' work expenses (gas, tools, etc.) So for every dollar we spend we earn one point toward Sony products. Which then convert to one point= $.01 to be redeemed. Therefore, his camera ended up costing me nothing including the shipping. We can also earn points by entering the answer to the bonus round puzzle from Wheel of Fortune. And if my Wheel of Fortune spin id ever gets picked, we could win $50,000 for having a Sony Card. I'm not holding my breath for that to ever happen, but wouldn't that be cool! (Sorry, I kind of went off on a tangent there.)

We finally got some work done on our house at least Saturday, not sure about Sunday. Jon said it is no holding some heat. They got the drywall up on the ceilings and maybe the wall separating the garage and the living room. Not sure exactly, I haven't been out for two weeks now. But hopefully this afternoon or tomorrow we can make it out to look. We finally got power again last Thursday and now it is a muddy mess out there. We may not be able to get to the front door without making a huge mess of ourselves. We were supposed to have the appliances and tile delivered Monday. When I first set the delivery up I thought that would be pretty cool having it delivered that day, but of course with all the craziness the last two weeks and then the holiday, I completely spaced it off. It dawned on me at 4:00 Monday afternoon that they were supposed to deliver that day. We really are no where near ready to have the appliances yet but we got such a great deal the day after Thanksgiving. The lady said then that they could only hold them for 30 days. When I called Monday to reschedule the delivery, that guy told me that I bought them, I could have them hold them as long as I like. So we may have them wait to deliver even longer. Our thought was to have them deliver to the shop and we would move them later when we finally need them. But that makes me nervous moving them so many times, our last appliance purchase we moved them ourselves and ended up with a huge dent in the side of the refrigerator and a dent in the front of the dishwasher. I don't want that to happen again.

Jason and Tabatha were at our house first thing this morning to see if we wanted to go shopping with them. It was so early, Chris was just leaving for work and Madi and I hadn't even gotten dressed yet. But we had a nice time this morning. And it is so much more fun shopping with others to help with Madi. Plus Jason is so cute with her. We pull in somewhere and he is the first one at her door to get her out of the car seat and then he carries her almost the whole time we were shopping. And of course Madi is just in love with Jason and Tabatha. I should say Jayce and Tabby (as Madi would call them).

I will leave you with some pictures, sorry I rambled today!!

Love, Amy



Madi playing Santa, she delivered most of the presents until she started throwing them.


Uncle Jason and Madi making pancakes in her new kitchen.


Madi not waiting her turn.


Madi lounging on her new John Deere tractor and trailer she got from her Uncle Jon.


(Did I mention Madi was really spoiled by everyone this Christmas, I guess that happens when your the only grandchild in the family!)

No comments: