Madi had her appointment at 10:30 Tuesday morning. Wednesday night at 10:30 we are laying in bed and I hear Madi cough. I thought that was weird, she hadn't coughed all day. And then it sounded like she was choking. I ran into her bedroom and she was covered head to foot, entire bed was covered in vomit. It was horrible. Madi is 18 months old now and this is the first time she has ever thrown up. My poor baby was so scared, she had no idea what was going on. I put her in the bath tub and cleaned her up while Chris was cleaning up her room. After she woke up some and I got her out of the tub, she acted fine. She wanted to play, everything was great. I put her in bed with us, I wanted her close in case something happened. She tossed and turned and couldn't get settled. I finally took her back into her bed and turned the monitor way up so I could hear everything. She tossed and turned for about 15 more minutes in her bed and then I heard her cough again. Again I went running for her room and she was covered in vomit. We ended up camping out on the couch for the rest of the night. She threw up a couple more times and finally was able to get some rest. I "slept" on the floor beside the couch, which was a good thing. I learned that Madi is not ready for a big girl bed. She fell off the couch three times.
Thursday we spent the day being lazy and catching up on our rest. Madi didn't eat much or drink much for two days. Friday evening we went to The Hickory Tree in Smolan for supper with Chris' parents. Great food, but Madi didn't want anything. She finally ate some fruit for Jane. We went home and Dan and Jane climbed in the car with us and we went and looked at Christmas lights. Madi loves looking at the lights. She says "Woooooow." And her new love is Santa Claus. Her face just lights up when she sees Santa on tv or we look at books or my snowglobes with Santa. If you ask her what Santa says she'll say, "Ho Ho Ho" and then grins. We'll see how she does in a couple of weeks when she sees the real Santa in person.
After looking at lights we went back home and watched a movie and were just plain lazy. Chris and I both had upset stomachs and just thought we either ate too much or the desert didn't sit well. Just wasn't sure, until 12:30 when I woke up and started vomiting. Oh, I hate being sick, I hate throwing up, it is just about the worst thing ever. I threw up a couple more times Saturday morning. Chris left to go work at the house. I don't even think he knew I was sick when he left. I was hoping I would feel better when I got up, but that didn't happen. I called my mom and she came to my rescue. She came over and spent the day taking care of us. Madi finally ate better last night and drank quite a bit of juice yesterday. I was getting worried about that too. Her diaper was hardly wet yesterday morning. We both took a three hour nap yesterday afternoon and I felt better when I woke up.
Madi is back to her ornery self today. Except for a headache and a little lightheaded, I am feeling better too. I guess it was a good weekend to feel under the weather, it is so nasty looking outside, I wouldn't want to be out and about anyway.
Here is a pic of Madi from Wednesday morning. She was so uncooperative and I should have known something was up when I got my camera out and all she did was cry everytime I pointed it at her. She is usually ready for pics with a big "Cheeeeese." I should have saved some of the crying ones. I took 50 pics and three turned out half way usable. Of course she isn't looking at the camera in any on them. Oh well, we will try again when she is feeling better. I just hope she is well enough and cooperates for Tony tomorrow night.
Chris has been out working on the house Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night this week, and of course this weekend. They started hanging drywall. He also worked on plumbing yesterday and got all the piping ran for the master bathroom and main bathroom. He was hoping to get it pressure tested today so they could continue hanging sheetrock in those rooms. But he was missing some caps this morning and I don't know if he got what he needed since it is Sunday. The work on the house is going to turn into just evening and weekend work from now on. Jon is going back to work Monday. His help didn't pan out like it was supposed to from the very beginning so this will be for the best. We are pretty much at the mercy of the weather at this point anyways. They were able to get the north and south sides of the house done with siding Monday and Tuesday when we had such nice weather to be outside. The back is going to have to wait awhile. It is just too cold and windy to be outside working right now. Chris said it wasn't getting much warmer than maybe 30 degrees in the house yesterday. But hopefully once they get all the drywall hung for the ceiling, it will help to keep some of the warm air from the heaters in the house. I haven't been out to see it since Tuesday so hopefully later this week I can make it out and get some new pics.
Take care and be safe.
Love, Amy
1 comment:
I'm sorry you guys got sick. I know it's awful. I had a stomach virus over Thanksgiving break. I haven't thrown up in years..probably since high school or middle school. I have been fortunate, but when I got sick over Thanksgiving it was terrible... I'm so glad you guys are better now :o) Have a great week! Post the family pics whenever you get them!
Post a Comment