Thursday, September 25, 2008

First Haircut

Monday was Madi's first official haircut. I have trimmed her bangs a couple of times (not very good) but Monday we got her bangs trimmed and her hair evened out in the back. Looks great!! She won't let me do anything to her hair and very rarely even lets me brush it. I thought about cutting it real short and giving her a style instead of trying to do something with it everyday. After looking back at pictures this last weekend, I decided against it. She had no hair for so long. It wasn't even long enough to start doing anything with until January of this year. So, I just couldn't cut all of her hard work off!!



It's been awhile since I did a post about Madi. She is working on her two year molars right now. She has one in on the bottom and the other is almost in, nothing on top yet. She is definitely a two year old right now. She has little melt downs several times a day over nothing. She will be playing and having fun and all of a sudden she falls on the floor and "cries".
Me: "What's wrong Madi, why are you fussing?"
Madi: "I want a popsicle, snif snif"
Me: "But you didn't even ask for a popsicle, don't cry."
Madi: "Mommy, can I have a popsicle!" And everything is fine. She is so crazy sometimes. I just let her throw her fits.

She is starting to notice that she is alone. She will tell me, I'm going to play...in my room...by myself. So sad. And since we have been talking about Jason and Tabatha having a baby, she is now asking where is her baby sister. But she did tell me that her best friend is Oliver and she chases him with her doll stroller daily. The noise in the house when they are "playing" is deafening.

I am still trying to get her to potty on the potty chair. She occasionally will go sit and potty, but it has to be her idea. What a horrible time to try and potty train a child, being two, independent and stubborn and trying to get them to sit for more than five seconds. She'll sit and grunt and then say "It's not working" and gets up. I have to remind her to sit and have patience. I'm not pushing it too hard, it's like everything else with her, it will eventually click and just happen (I hope).

Madi is such a talker, she talks all the time. We took a trip to Beloit last week and she talked the whole way there (an hour drive) and she talked all the way home. When she isn't talking, she is singing. She loves singing nursery rhymes and along with the radio. She is very inquisitive, always asking questions and we are constantly pointing out things.

She is loads of fun and a handful at the same time. That's probably why I love and hate staying home sometimes.

Have a great weekend!
Love, Amy

No comments: